Plugin should help the user with the steps for configuring TracFineGrainedPermissions
|Reported by:||rjollos||Owned by:||rjollos|
The plugin specifies ConfigObj in install_requires, which is a good steps in satisfying a required dependency for FineGrainedPermissions. However, there are several other steps towards enabling FineGrainedPermissions that this plugin could help the user accomplish. The steps are those described at TracFineGrainedPermissions#Configuration.
- Create the authz file if it doesn't already exist. The default location could be $TRACENV/conf.
- Display a message if tracopt.perm.authz_policy.* is not enabled.
- When the authz_policy module is enabled, append AuthzPolicy to permission_policies in the [trac] section of trac.ini, if it is not already in the permission_policies list.
The aim will be to reduce the steps for installing and configuring FineGrainedPermissions to:
- Install the FineGrainedPageAuthzEditorPlugin.
- Enable the tracopt.perm.authz_policy.* component.
- Edit the authz policy through the admin interface.
We should also have a link to the TracFineGrainedPermissions page at the bottom of the edit page, in the standard format and styling: Note: See TracFineGrainedPermissions for help on using fine-grained permissions.