Opened 8 months ago
Template is reapplied for new ticket without warning after browser back and forward
|Reported by:||brian@…||Owned by:||richard|
Pressing the browser's BACK then FORWARD buttons should "restore" all form contents in the /newticket form for a new, unsaved ticket.
Pressing the browser's BACK then FORWARD buttons restored MOST of the form contents in the /new ticket form for a new, unsaved ticket. However, the Ticket Description (arguably the most important) was lost. It was replaced with the default template text.
- Browser: Chrome Version 32.0.1700.107 m
- OS: Windows 7 x64
- Trac: 1.0.1
- Template Plugin: 0.7
Steps to Reproduce
- open /newticket form
- Template for our default type (i.e., "Bug") is populated
- Type in a Summary
- e.g., "Description is lost when pressing BACK button"
- Change Type from "Bug" to "Enhancement"
- Confirm dialog to "Replace ticket content with template?" appears.
- Click OK to replace Description with template for "Enhancement"
- Modify the Ticket Description
- e.g., add some requirements
- Press the browser BACK button
- e.g., accidentally tap the BACK button on your mouse (oops!)
- Press the browser FORWARD button
- Summary is restored
- Type is restored (i.e., Enhancement vs default Bug)
- BUG: Description is lost, replaced with default template text
Confirmed in Chrome on Windows 7: