How to create first user with TRAC_ADMIN rights?
|Reported by:||srimanthula.radhakrishna@…||Owned by:||hasienda|
|Severity:||normal||Keywords:||needinfo TRAC_ADMIN create user documentation|
I use Trac 0.11.2.1 for my projects. So far, I've been using
the .htpasswd mechanism of authentication that is provided by Apache.
One of the first things I do after setting up a Trac project on Apache
is to create a .htpasswd file with a user, say TracAdmin, and then
give that user TRAC_ADMIN rights.
However, didn't quite like the .htpasswd mechanism - since for every
user that I needed to add, I had to log into the server and add 'em.
And password management was a nightmare.
I looked up AccountManagerPlugin, and looked like it made my life
easier. Installed it, and then enabled these components:
AccountManagerAdminPage, AccountManager, SessionStore,
HtPasswdHashMethod, AccountModule, EmailVerificationModule,
I intended to use SessionStore with HtPasswdHashMethod to keep track
of my users and their passwords. The AccountManagerPlugin wiki says
that, to use the Login Module, I need to disable HTTP based
authentication provided by Apache.
If I were to enable AccountManagerPlugin before creating any users,
how do I go about creating the first user with TRAC_ADMIN rights??
Can someone please help?
Change History (5)
comment:2 in reply to: ↑ 1 Changed 4 years ago by hasienda
- Keywords needinfo create added; AccountManagerPlugin SessionStore First removed
- Owner changed from pacopablo to hasienda
- Summary changed from AccountManagerPlugin - SessionStore - First user with TRAC_ADMIN rights? to How to create first user with TRAC_ADMIN rights?
comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by hasienda
- Keywords documentation added
- Priority changed from normal to low
- Type changed from defect to enhancement