Require REPORT_VIEW permission to access ticket stats page, and eliminate TSTATS_VIEW permission
|Reported by:||rjollos||Owned by:||rjollos|
I'm still thinking about this, but as noted in comment:7:ticket:3594, I'm not sure it makes sense to have another permission for presenting in another way information that is already available given other permissions.
The number of opened and closed tickets in a specified time period can normally be viewed from the timeline. That is, this is really just a graphical presentation of the timeline filter Tickets opened and closed, as well as showing the number of open tickets on a certain date, which can be viewed if one has REPORT_VIEW permission. Well, the latter is not exactly equivalent because historical information is shown on the graph, but it is close.
There are a couple of options here:
- Make the required permission configurable, with the default being TSTAT_VIEW.
- Make the required permission configurable, with the default being REPORT_VIEW and/or TSTAT_VIEW.
- Drop the TSTAT_VIEW permission, and require TIMELINE_VIEW and/or REPORT_VIEW permissions.
I also wonder if we might remove the mainnav link and add metanav links to the timeline and/or report pages.
Change History (3)
comment:1 Changed 7 months ago by rjollos
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Summary changed from Require REPORT_VIEW permission to access ticket stats page, and elminate TSTATS_VIEW permission to Require REPORT_VIEW permission to access ticket stats page, and eliminate TSTATS_VIEW permission
comment:2 Changed 7 months ago by rjollos
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed