Modify

Opened 4 years ago

Closed 3 years ago

#8293 closed defect (worksforme)

FootNote generates duplicate numbers

Reported by: roger@… Owned by: rjollos
Priority: high Component: FootNoteMacro
Severity: normal Keywords:
Cc: Trac Release: 0.12

Description

When the footnotes are listed with [[FootNote]], it numbers the list. So you get a listing like this:

1. 1. Text A and so on
   and so on.
2. 2. Text X

The first numeral is a numbered list number. The second number is the footnote number that is a link. It is the first number that is wrong.

In my case, the [[FootNote]] call is directly after a table. But as the separator line above the footnotes is drawn, I do not think that is causing any issues.

This is with the current version of the Macro.

Attachments (1)

FootNoteMacro.png (21.6 KB) - added by rjollos 4 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (5)

comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by rjollos

  • Priority changed from normal to high
  • Status changed from new to assigned

I'm not able to reproduce. Would you kindly?:

  1. Try the example, FootNoteMacro#Example, and make sure you get the expected result (shown below).
  2. If possible, post the exact markup from your wiki page to this ticket, in a code block so that I can copy and paste it to my test environment.

Thanks!


Changed 4 years ago by rjollos

comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by memartin

Looks like a CSS problem to me. The footnote list is generated as an ordered list (<ol>) in html, the list-style-type is then set to none for each list item (<li>) in CSS. Inside the li there is the footnote number as a link (<a>) back to the footnote's origin. So CSS is used here explicitly avoid the display of both the list item number and the linked number.

So it would be interesting which browser/version the OP used when he experienced the problem. The Sitepoint CSS Reference reports buggy support in IE up to 8+.

Another Idea would be that the OP uses some custom CSS which unhides the li numbers.

comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by roger@…

I just tried again, and the behavior is now correct. Since the report I have upgraded both Trac and the FootNote macro. So perhaps that did the trick. I have tried it on openSUSE 11.4 with:

  • Google Chrome 11.0.696.28 beta
  • Firefox 4.0
  • Opera 11.01

They all work great.

comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by rjollos

  • Resolution set to worksforme
  • Status changed from assigned to closed

Thanks for the feedback!

Add Comment

Modify Ticket

Action
as closed .
as The resolution will be set. Next status will be 'closed'.
to The owner will be changed from rjollos. Next status will be 'closed'.
The resolution will be deleted. Next status will be 'reopened'.
Author


E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

 
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.