|Version 1 (modified by stodge, 6 years ago) (diff)|
Admin Toolkit - scripts for managing multiple Trac environments
The Admin Toolkit is a collection of Python scripts that facilitate the management of new and existing Trac projects on a single server, including support for Apache (.htpasswd file), Trac & Subversion (via WebDav) and database backends (currently only Postgresql).
The scripts make it easy to manage multiple Trac environments on a single server. Authentication is supported using a single .htpasswd file - one .htpasswd file is maintained for all projects but support for per-project authentication is in development.
Creating a new Trac environment, Postgresql database and Subversion repository is as simple as typing "trac-admin-mkproject", hitting return and answering a few questions.
The current list of scripts is:
- trac-admin-init - prepare the disk for a new development environment
- trac-admin-mkproject - create a Subversion repository, Postgresql database and Trac environment for one project
- trac-admin-rmproject - remove the Subversion repository, Postgresql database and Trac environment for an existing project
- trac-admin-useradd - add a user (currently one user has access to all projects)
- trac-admin-userdel - remove an existing user
- trac-admin-promote - promote a user to administrator on one of more projects
- trac-admin-demote - remove administrator privileges for a user on one of more projects
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here.
To create a new Trac environment, run:
And answer a few questions.
To delete the project, run: