|Version 67 (modified by CuriousCurmudgeon, 4 years ago) (diff)|
Table of Contents
Batch modification of tickets
Allows users to modify several tickets together in one shot.
- Browser version
- Browser plugins
- Trac version
- Trac plugins
- Any stack trace you received.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
There is a proposal page on the official Trac wiki for incorporating batch modification functionality into Trac. Feel free to contribute at trac:wiki:TracDev/Proposals/BatchModification.
- 0.9: Custom workflow integration. See #7709
Download the zipped trunk from here.
Simply drop the egg in the plugins directory and enable through the admin UI. There is also an unofficial Debian package for Trac 0.11.
Batch modification of tickets requires the TICKET_BATCH_MODIFY permission. If a user does not have this permission, the plugin behaves like the default "Custom Query" module.
permission add ashwin_phatak TICKET_BATCH_MODIFY
You can set the following options in Trac.ini under [batchmod]. (default in parentheses)
- fields_as_list (keywords): Sets the fields that will be treated as a list of items.
- list_separator_regex ([,\s]+): The regex that defines the separator between items in a field that is treated as a list. By default they are separated by any whitespace character or a comma.
- list_connector_string (,): The character that is used as the separator between items in a list after processing. For example, by default if you enter the keywords "foo bar", they will be added to the ticket as "foo, bar". Notice the comma instead of the space.
- To modify a set a tickets just check the box next to each ticket in your query results you wish to modify. Then select each field you want to change in the batch modify section underneath the query results.
- To add keywords simply include them in the modifications, separated by any whitespace character or comma be default. You can change this separator in trac.ini. If a keyword already exists on a ticket it will not be duplicated.
- To remove keywords simply prefix them with "-". For example, to remove the "foo" keyword from all selected tickets, you would put "-foo" in the keywords field. (Note: This feature is currently not released. If you need it, please build from the trunk.)
Q: Checkboxes don't appear next to tickets for me!
A: There was a bug with Trac prior to 0.11.6 that prevented the checkboxes from being added. Some people also have path problems that prevent JQuery from being loaded. See #6466 for details.
Q: This plugin lets me put tickets into a nonsensical state!
A: These problems should be mostly resolved in 0.7.0. Please open a ticket if you still have problems.
-  by rjollos on 2012-07-26 02:39:29
Fixed #8488: (0.8.1dev)
- Removed the border around the collapsed fieldset of 'Batch Modify' so that it displays like Trac's 'Filters' and 'Columns'.
-  by rjollos on 2012-07-25 09:46:39
-  by rjollos on 2011-12-01 11:45:12
Added plugin revision info to webadmin page.
(20.7 KB) -
added by ashwin_phatak 8 years ago.
Screenshot of batch modify query view
(33.9 KB) -
added by CuriousCurmudgeon 5 years ago.
Screenshot of 0.4.1
(21.1 KB) -
added by CuriousCurmudgeon 4 years ago.
Screenshot of 0.7.0
(15.1 KB) -
added by Nico 4 years ago.
Egg file for Trac 0.11 and python 2.4
(14.9 KB) -
added by liuchangjun 4 years ago.
Linux 2.6.18-8.el5 & Redhat AS 5 & Python 2.4.3
Download all attachments as: .zip