|Version 1 (modified by ixokai, 6 years ago) (diff)|
Various hacks to alter Ticket form behavior
Trac in 0.11 provided us with this incredibly powerful and terrible bit of dark power -- the ability to apply Genshi Transformers to the templates before they hit the user. The power is awesome; and with this plugin I have abused that power for evil purposes.
And there are plans for more evil in the future!
Basically, the plugin adds the ability to tweak any of the Ticket fields-- be they custom or standard-- in the following ways:
- disable - The field won't be editable.
- hide - The field will simply be invisible.
- label - Rename a field... in particular one of the built-in fields.
- notice - Add a small notice below a field.
- tip - Provide a pretty java-script tooltip when the control overs over the field. (Useful, for example, to give people a reminder for the difference between 'priority' and 'severity'
- permission - Set a permission that is required to edit that specific field. This is particularly useful in an environment where you let users set severity-- so they need TICKET_CHGPROP-- but you only want certain people to be able to edit the Priority.
The plugin also lets you define arbitrary permissions, say, MASTER_OF_PRIORITIES, if you want to require someone to have such a custom permission to edit a certain field.
More evil hacks to come-- one day, I'll make it so the fields available in COMPONENT (For example) will be different depending on what Ticket Type you choose.
P.S. I am emphasizing the 'evil hackitude' of this because it seems terribly unclean and a bad idea to abuse. But it works for me! :)
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here.
[blackmagic] permissions = MASTER_OF_PERMISSIONS tweaks = severity, priority priority.tip = The priority is the Project-defined importance of the issue, and in general the order in which thigns will tend to be done. severity.tip = The severity is how important this issue is to the customer or you. priority.permission = MASTER_OF_PERMISSIONS
-  by rjollos on 2013-06-12 00:14:09
Refs #7185: Added additional checks for existence of variables since some parameters may not exist for all reports.
-  by rjollos on 2013-06-12 00:13:51
Fixed PEP-0008 violations, including incorrect indentation and unused imports. Moved license to COPYING file.
-  by rjollos on 2013-04-04 06:25:26
Fixes #11004, Refs #10984: Append a colon to the label in the property box too. This change should have been part of .