|Version 12 (modified by hasienda, 3 years ago) (diff)|
Recently visited pages as navigational bread crumbs
This relatively simple plug-in will inject a list of recently visited pages just above the main navigational bar, as 'bread crumbs' that you can follow home.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
- short-term: work on pending feature requests
- Maintenance release breadcrumbs-0.2 in 0.11 branch with various fixes (open: 4)
- Official maintainer change (open: 10)
- Starting ticket list cleanup and triage (open: 9)
Installation and Configuration
Requires Trac >= 0.11 and Genshi >= 0.5 .
Release Status, Downloads and Source
While in general the branch name suggests the corresponding Trac version, 0.11 should work equally well for Trac 0.11 (old stable), 0.12 (current stable) and Trac 0.13dev (development).
|Stable Version||easy_install https://trac-hacks.org/svn/breadcrumbsnavplugin/0.11||download||subversion|
|Under Development||easy_install https://trac-hacks.org/svn/breadcrumbsnavplugin/trunk||download||subversion|
For Subversion checkout use svn co <url> with URL depending on your Trac version and target release (see links above).
The easiest way to install the BreadCrumbsNavPlugin is to simply point easy_install at the t-h.o SVN repository, a la:
Alternatively, you may download the source, go into the directory containing setup.py and run:
python setup.py install
or prepare a packaged version and move that into the plugin directory inside your Trac environment:
python setup.py bdist_egg cp ./dist/BreadCrumbsNav-<version> <path-to-trac-env>/plugins/
Hint: Using tracd standalone server or another webserver you will most probably need to restart it to detect the plugin.
Depending on your configuration you may still need to enable the plugin explicitly. You can do so in the Administration panel of Trac, or in trac.ini by adding:
[components] breadcrumbsnavplugin.* = enabled
In Trac applications, where you disabled this plugin or require explicit activation, breadcrumbs-0.2 and later requires following different line due to a shortened path:
[components] breadcrumbsnav.* = enabled
There are four options you may set in trac.ini:
- A regular expression pattern that can be applied to the name of the resource; if it matches the resource will not be added to the user's breadcrumbs. Defaults to nothing.
- A custom label to replace the implicite "Breadcrumbs:" default value. Beware that this will interfere with i18n, maybe even depreciated by it.
- The maximum total of crumbs that should be kept per-user. Defaults to 6.
- A comma-separated list of regular expressions, one of which should match the beginning of the url to include the resource in the path. Defaults to /wiki*,/ticket*,/milestone* Note that these really are interpreted as regular expressions, even though the default values look more like shell globs. It seems these default values also match /wik/foo or /tickebar, which might not be the authors intention.
The config entry would look something like the following:
[breadcrumbs] ignore_pattern = label = max_crumbs = 6 paths = /wiki/,/ticket/,/milestone/
-  by hasienda on 2011-11-11 19:39:33
BreadCrumbsNavPlugin: Hide currently viewed page/resource from list, refs #9529.
-  by hasienda on 2011-11-11 19:35:16
BreadCrumbsNavPlugin: Fix crumbs list handling, refs #3965.
Code introduced in  was not handling an empty list gracefully.
Futhermore, when hiding of current resource results in an empty list, the
list label should be suppressed as well.
-  by hasienda on 2011-11-09 20:57:40
BreadCrumbsNavPlugin: Tag long overdue maintenance release 0.2, closes #2463, #3965, #4037, #4411, #7036 and #7231.
Fix erroneously introduced version mismatch between changelog and setup.py.