|Version 2 (modified by ixokai, 7 years ago) (diff)|
Recently visited pages as navigational bread crumbs
This relatively simple plug-in will inject a list of recently visited pages just above the main navigational bar, as 'bread crumbs' that you can follow home.
There's also BreadcrumbTrailsScript, but it's idea of breadcrumbs is not what I'm used to, so I went and made this one to scratch my itch. :)
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Installation and Configuration
- Download the zipped source from here.
- You can check out BreadCrumbsNavPlugin from here using Subversion, or browse the source with Trac.
The easiest way to install the BreadCrumbsNavPlugin is to simply point easy_install at the t-h.o SVN repository, a la:
Alternatively, you may download the source and go into the 0.11 directory and then run:
python setup.py install
After you have installed the BreadCrumbsNavPlugin, you must enable it. You can do so in the Administration panel of Trac, or in trac.ini by adding:
[components] breadcrumbsnavplugin.* = enabled
There are two options you may set into the trac.ini:
- A regular expression pattern that can be applied to the name of the resource; if it matches the resource will not be added to the user's breadcrumbs. Defaults to nothing.
- max crumbs
- The maximum total of crumbs that should be kept per-user. Defaults to 6.
-  by hasienda on 2011-11-11 19:39:33
BreadCrumbsNavPlugin: Hide currently viewed page/resource from list, refs #9529.
-  by hasienda on 2011-11-11 19:35:16
BreadCrumbsNavPlugin: Fix crumbs list handling, refs #3965.
Code introduced in  was not handling an empty list gracefully.
Futhermore, when hiding of current resource results in an empty list, the
list label should be suppressed as well.
-  by hasienda on 2011-11-09 20:57:40
BreadCrumbsNavPlugin: Tag long overdue maintenance release 0.2, closes #2463, #3965, #4037, #4411, #7036 and #7231.
Fix erroneously introduced version mismatch between changelog and setup.py.