|Version 7 (modified by rjollos, 5 years ago) (diff)|
Recently visited pages as navigational bread crumbs
This relatively simple plug-in will inject a list of recently visited pages just above the main navigational bar, as 'bread crumbs' that you can follow home.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Installation and Configuration
Requires Trac >= 0.11.
- Download the zipped source from here.
- You can check out BreadCrumbsNavPlugin from here using Subversion, or browse the source with Trac.
The easiest way to install the BreadCrumbsNavPlugin is to simply point easy_install at the t-h.o SVN repository, a la:
Alternatively, you may download the source and go into the 0.11 directory and then run:
python setup.py install
After you have installed the BreadCrumbsNavPlugin, you must enable it. You can do so in the Administration panel of Trac, or in trac.ini by adding:
[components] breadcrumbsnavplugin.* = enabled
There are three options you may set into the trac.ini:
- A regular expression pattern that can be applied to the name of the resource; if it matches the resource will not be added to the user's breadcrumbs. Defaults to nothing.
- The maximum total of crumbs that should be kept per-user. Defaults to 6.
- A comma-separated list of regular expressions, one of which should match the beginning of the url to include the resource in the path. Defaults to /wiki*,/ticket*,/milestone* Note that these really are interpreted as regular expressions, even though the default values look more like shell globs. It seems these default values also match /wik/foo or /tickebar, which might not be the authors intention.
The config entry would look something like the following:
[breadcrumbs] ignore_pattern = max_crumbs = 6 paths = /wiki*,/ticket*,/milestone*
-  by hasienda on 2011-11-11 19:39:33
BreadCrumbsNavPlugin: Hide currently viewed page/resource from list, refs #9529.
-  by hasienda on 2011-11-11 19:35:16
BreadCrumbsNavPlugin: Fix crumbs list handling, refs #3965.
Code introduced in  was not handling an empty list gracefully.
Futhermore, when hiding of current resource results in an empty list, the
list label should be suppressed as well.
-  by hasienda on 2011-11-09 20:57:40
BreadCrumbsNavPlugin: Tag long overdue maintenance release 0.2, closes #2463, #3965, #4037, #4411, #7036 and #7231.
Fix erroneously introduced version mismatch between changelog and setup.py.