|Version 37 (modified by rjollos, 3 years ago) (diff)|
Add custom date fields to tickets
This plugin allows for validating custom fields as dates in tickets. Just set up the field as a custom field, then use these extra options in the trac.ini file:
- fieldname.date = true
- Enable extra date stuff on this field.
- fieldname.date_empty = true
- Allow this field to be blank.(default value "due_date.value" must be empty)
- 1.0.4: The jQuery UI was upgraded from 1.7.3 to 1.8.16.
- 1.0.3: The jQuery UI was upgraded from 1.7.2 to 1.7.3 and the theme was changed to Blitzer, which seems better suited for Trac (#9598).
Currently this will only validate that the given input looks like the specified date format (see below). Date range checking could be added if someone asks nicely enough.
The configurable options are:
- format =
- valid formats are dmy, mdy, and ymd
- separator =
- possible values are - or . or /
- first_day =
- let you change the first day of week (0=Sunday .. 6=Saturday) (as introduced in #1726)
The following options are available since 
- months = 1
- How many months to show at once?
- milestone = false
- Use datepicker for milestone due/complete? (format= must match your locale)
- weeknumbers = false
- Show ISO8601 week numbers?
- panel = false
- Show a button panel with "Today" and "Done" buttons (at bottom)?
- change_month = false
- Show a dropdown with month selection?
- change_year = false
- Show a dropdown with year selection?
- match_request =
- Use datepicker on arbitrary request paths. Use text fields with class=datepick in your template, and configure the start of request path (in list format), like: match_request = /query,/other_path
There are many other options, but you need to modify the datefield.html template if you want to use them. See http://docs.jquery.com/UI/Datepicker
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here.
Download the source zip and unzip it to a folder.
From a command prompt, run 'setup.py bdist_egg'. This builds an 'egg' installation file to a new 'dist' directory.
Got to your Trac Admin page, select Plugins, click Browse, select the egg file, then click install.
The 0.11 version works with Trac 0.12.
[components] datefield.* = enabled
To add a Due Date:
[ticket-custom] due_date = text due_date.date = true due_date.label = Due Date due_date.value = MM-DD-YYYY due_date.date_empty = true
[datefield] format = mdy separator = - first_day = 1
-  by rjollos on 2014-05-20 16:39:26
3.0.0dev: Use jQuery-UI from Trac. Refs #10107.
-  by rjollos on 2012-10-06 19:38:30
Highlight the current day, as requested by ynoslenav on the mailing list. The option does not seem to be effective on the 0.11 branch.
-  by rjollos on 2012-07-09 14:52:45
Refs #10107: Branching to support Trac 1.0. Bump DateFieldPlugin version to 3.0.0dev.
(720 bytes) -
added by bigjonroberts 7 years ago.
Example of using date field in a report.
- customfields.jpg (6.2 KB) - added by doki_pen 5 years ago.
(13.0 KB) -
added by rjollos 3 years ago.
DateFieldPlugin at version 1.0.3
- DatePickerTrac011.png (14.7 KB) - added by rjollos 3 years ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip