|Version 6 (modified by sandinak, 18 months ago) (diff)|
Directory Auth Plugin
NOTE: Major changes from 0.3
- renamed to DirectoryAuthPlugin
- conf variables are renamed for standardization
- now more directory type agnostic
- soon will be renamed to DirectoryAuthPlugin
The Directory Auth Plugin is a password store for the AccountManagerPlugin that provides authentication and groups from Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) enabled service including OpenLdap, ActiveDirectory and OpenDirectory.
Users are authenticated by performing an ldap_bind against a directory using their credentials. The plugin will also pull the email address and displayName from Directory and populate the session_attribute table. See Populating ''Assign To'' Drop Down in Trac for more information on why.
- Can use a service account to do lookups, or anonymous binding
- Can use SSL if openssl is configured correctly ( I am working on some documentation for this )
- Configurable .. many options to deal with the differences between directories and schema
- Uses both memory and db based caching to improve performance
- Now supports LARGE directories
- Can expand directory groups into the Trac namespace
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here
- You must install AccountManagerPlugin in order to use this plugin.
- Python-LDAP is also required and can be downloaded here
Follow the Trac documentation on how to install Trac plugins
- starting with 0.3, a database upgrade will be required as part of the installation.
- install the plugin and it's prerequisites
- update the database
trac-admin /var/trac/instance upgrade
- restart the trac service or your webserver.
If you see Trac throwing an exception similar to "OPERATIONS_ERROR: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection" when you know the bind user/pass is correct you will want to try connection to active directory on port 3268. This may happen when AD is running across multiple machines.
-  by rjollos on 2014-01-11 20:39:26
Replace table name ad_cache with dir_cache in database queries. Fixes #11495.
This change was necessary after . Patch by patrick.
-  by rjollos on 2013-09-18 08:24:57
Use IntOption for integer configuration options. Refs #10581.
Thanks to korn for the patch.
-  by rjollos on 2013-09-18 06:50:54
Applied  again: Changed dir_scope to an IntOption. Fixes #10581.