|Version 6 (modified by sandinak, 3 years ago) (diff)|
Directory Auth Plugin
NOTE: Major changes from 0.3
- renamed to DirectoryAuthPlugin
- conf variables are renamed for standardization
- now more directory type agnostic
- soon will be renamed to DirectoryAuthPlugin
The Directory Auth Plugin is a password store for the AccountManagerPlugin that provides authentication and groups from Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) enabled service including OpenLdap, ActiveDirectory and OpenDirectory.
Users are authenticated by performing an ldap_bind against a directory using their credentials. The plugin will also pull the email address and displayName from Directory and populate the session_attribute table. See Populating ''Assign To'' Drop Down in Trac for more information on why.
- Can use a service account to do lookups, or anonymous binding
- Can use SSL if openssl is configured correctly ( I am working on some documentation for this )
- Configurable .. many options to deal with the differences between directories and schema
- Uses both memory and db based caching to improve performance
- Now supports LARGE directories
- Can expand directory groups into the Trac namespace
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here
- You must install AccountManagerPlugin in order to use this plugin.
- Python-LDAP is also required and can be downloaded here
Follow the Trac documentation on how to install Trac plugins
- starting with 0.3, a database upgrade will be required as part of the installation.
- install the plugin and it's prerequisites
- update the database
trac-admin /var/trac/instance upgrade
- restart the trac service or your webserver.
If you see Trac throwing an exception similar to "OPERATIONS_ERROR: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection" when you know the bind user/pass is correct you will want to try connection to active directory on port 3268. This may happen when AD is running across multiple machines.
-  by rjollos on 2015-03-22 23:25:42
2.0.0dev: Sweeping fixes of indentation and style code violations.
The plugin is probably still not working correctly. Incremental fixes will be provided from thsi baseline. The plugin needs to be adapted to the Trac 1.0 database API.
-  by rjollos on 2014-01-11 20:39:26
Replace table name ad_cache with dir_cache in database queries. Fixes #11495.
This change was necessary after . Patch by patrick.
-  by rjollos on 2013-09-18 08:24:57
Use IntOption for integer configuration options. Refs #10581.
Thanks to korn for the patch.