|Version 10 (modified by rjollos, 21 months ago) (diff)|
Extended Version Plugin
The Trac ticket module has the concept of a version, but it is only visible as a name in a drop-down on a ticket. This plugin adds version description pages, a roadmap-like view of versions, and the ability to assign milestones to versions. Most features are optional.
- The version page shows the name, date, description and any assigned milestones. If milestones are assigned, it shows the overall progress for the version and the progress on each milestone.
- The version roadmap looks very similar to the milestone roadmap.
- Milestones assigned to versions have the version noted beside the due date.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Installation & Configuration
Download the zipped source from here.
The easiest way to install the ExtendedVersionPlugin is probably with easy_install:
Alternatively, download the source and run the usual
python setup.py install
After installing the plugin, enable it for the trac environment in the TracIni file:
[components] extendedversion.* = enabled
This plugin requires some database changes, so upgrade the environment. Trac will prompt you to if you don't.
trac-admin /path/to/trac upgrade
[extended_version] # whether to provide item in main navigation bar roadmap_navigation = false # item in main navigation bar to highlight for version pages navigation_item = roadmap # component to use to provide group ticket statistics for versions version_stats_provider = DefaultTicketGroupStatsProvider # component to use to provide group ticket statistics for milestones in version page milestone_stats_provider = DefaultTicketGroupStatsProvider # whether to show milestone description for version pages show_milestone_description = false
The default configuration does not add any item to the main navigation bar. Version pages will highlight the Roadmap item. To replace the Roadmap item with Versions, turn on the roadmap_navigation:
[extended_version] roadmap_navigation = true navigation_item = roadmap
To add a Versions item in addition to the Roadmap item, also rename the navigation_item:
[extended_version] roadmap_navigation = true navigation_item = versions
-  by rjollos on 2014-06-14 23:24:52
1.0dev: PEP-0008 changes.
- Replaced use of deprecated wiki_to_oneliner with format_to_oneliner.
- Fixed XPath expression in Genshi stream filter that appended the version to a milestone view.
-  by jun66j5 on 2014-06-12 07:43:15
Fixed Edit Version page not working for i18n date/time string with Trac 1.0.x (closes #11820)
-  by rjollos on 2013-07-26 19:02:00
Fixed regression from . Refs #10354, #11179.
VisibleVersion.match_request should not return True for the path /versions.