|Version 1 (modified by gt4329b, 7 years ago) (diff)|
What is it?
FlexibleAssignTo finally gives long-suffering Trac admins a way to easily customize the 'assign to' field on tickets. It provides several base classes for you to override and implement your own methods for providing lists of valid users -- you can even customize valid users for each state in your workflow.
- adds new Extension point, IValidOwnerProvider, for plugging in your own components
- provides SimpleUser base class and helper methods (getlist, getbool) to streamline implementation of your IValidOwnerProvider component(s)
- data-source agnostic -- FlexibleAssignTo abstracts the nastiness of building a customized 'assign to' select box. All your custom code has to do is decide what users are valid for a particular state and then return them.
- optional 'ensure_user_data' capability so that users who appear as valid 'assign to' targets get their key data (username, fullname, email) stored in the Trac session_attribute table. The motivation for this was so notification emails could be sent to these users even if they've never logged in and set their preferences.
- optional get_known_users() replacement that changes Trac's 'known users' concept such that users' name & email data is retrieved from the session_attribute table (designed to work in concert with the 'ensure_user_data' capability).
- FlexibleAssignTo processing can be selectively disabled for individual workflow states
- Example plugin implementation included (SampleValidOwnerProvider.py)
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here.
See the 'How to install section' above for details. For an example of how to implement IValidOwnerProvider, see the included sample plugin SampleValidOwnerProvider.py.
-  by gt4329b on 2011-04-14 20:33:48
- added 0.13 rev; no major functional differences from 0.11 other than modernization of the DB API interactions, using the recommended forms for 0.13 from http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracDev/DatabaseApi
-  by gt4329b on 2011-04-11 16:12:41
- updated version to 0.7.13
-  by gt4329b on 2011-04-11 16:01:42
- updated flexibleassignto.py core to work properly with 0.11release+ versions of Trac (thanks chris!)
- updated AUTHORS to note contribution from chris on #3494
- updated README version compatibility notes
(12.9 KB) -
added by gt4329b 7 years ago.
Zip containing FlexibleAssignTo-0.6-py2.5.egg and SampleValidOwnerProvider.py
(18.1 KB) -
added by gt4329b 4 years ago.
Contains FlexibleAssignTo-0.7.13-py2.7.egg and the SampleProvider plugin
- FlexibleAssignTo-0.8.13-py2.7.zip (18.3 KB) - added by gt4329b 4 years ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip