|Version 14 (modified by rudyryk, 5 years ago) (diff)|
Flexible Wiki Plugin
This project is not maintained anymore. Feel free to make a fork.
Plugin is experimental and may have database query perfomance issues. At least, database structure should be improved.
Yet, it is in working state at the moment! Tested with version 0.11.7.
Plugin allows one to make flexible structure of wiki pages. Parent pages can be set up for any wiki page, so we get flexible structure instead of 'plain' wiki structure.
Download the zipped source from here.
For example, if you want to structure pages on your wiki and use 'native' Trac approach, you should name you pages in a specific manner:
So, page name is 'coupled' with structure - if you want to change structure, you should change page name or even name of many pages.
This plugin allows to structure pages independent on their names. So, the structure could be:
In this example pages AddingResources and AddingPlugins has parent DevGuide. So, if you want restructure pages, you should change 'parent' for page or some pages, and their address remain unchanged.
When this plugin is installed a horozontal navigation bar is displayed on the top of each wiki page. So, when you look at the page AddingPlugins, the navigation bar will be: WikiStart / DevGuide / AddingPlugins . WikiStart is always at start of navigation bar.
For displaying navigation in 'tree' manner, special macro is provided, see details below.
- install plugin as any other Trac plugin (how to?)
- upgrade your environment (how to?)
- note changes:
- you should see New page button in main menu, if you see it, then plugin is active and working
- you will also see extra fields in page edit dialog, see below
- incorporate wiki macros [[TracFlexWikiTree]] and [[TracFlexWikiChildren]] somewhere in your template or just use them in your pages, there's no sidebar in default Trac templates, so you need manually customize template, see example.
Extra page properties:
- title: string, just page title, automatically displayed on top of page and in navigation
- parent: name of parent wiki page or empty if none
- weight: number, defines page ordering in menu
- hide: flag, if set, page won't appear in menu generated by [[TracFlexWikiTree]]
Here's quick demonstration example with [[TracFlexWikiTree]] macro in left sidebar: see in attachment site.html or in source flexiblewikiplugin/0.11/tracflexwiki/templates/site_example.html.
Plugin provides extra wiki macros.
Shows wiki pages tree menu. Menu is generated as simple unordered list. Macro receives one optional parameter class, wich defines CSS class of menu.
For now, plugin does not generate initial structure data. So, for existring pages structure data is not provided. That means, they are not displayed in TracFlexWikiTree until you edit and save them.
Note extra navigation item New page and extra fields Parent page, Hide from menu, Page weight.
Navigation line above page title is inserted by this plugin automatically.
Menu in left sidebar is provided by macro [[TracFlexWikiTree]]. It's added globally in site templates, this plugin doesn't do this automatically.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Some features are not implemented yet, like site map etc.
Plugin is a bit tricky. It adds extra key 'node' to request.args, that is instance of class TracFlexWikiNode, which provides something like API for this plugin.
Feedback is welcome!
-  by rudyryk on 2010-04-06 00:16:20
flexiblewikiplugin: example for site.html - site_example.html
-  by rudyryk on 2010-04-05 23:04:56
flexiblewikiplugin: bigfix #6905 - getting current node for request
-  by rudyryk on 2009-04-24 19:31:12
- TracFlexWikiPlugin source commited
-  by rudyryk on 2009-04-24 19:27:54
New hack FlexibleWikiPlugin, created by rudyryk