|Version 29 (modified by AdrianFritz, 8 months ago) (diff)|
Add footnotes to wiki
- There is an open ticket for integrating this feature to the Trac core, t:#9037.
[[FootNote(This is a footnote)]]
Footnotes are numbered by the order in which they appear.
To create a reference to an existing footnote, pass the footnote number as the only argument to the macro:
In addition, identical footnotes are coalesced into one entry. The following will generate one footnote entry with two references:
Some text[[FootNote(A footnote)]] and some more text [[FootNote(A footnote)]]. [[FootNote]]
And finally, to display a list of foot-notes call the macro with no arguments:
Once a set of footnotes has been displayed (by the use of [[FootNote]] macro), a complete new set of footnotes can be created. This allows multiple sets of footnotes per page.
The plugin follows the standard installation procedures described in t:TracPlugins. Here are some specifics and highlights.
- Install globally with:
$ [sudo] easy_install http://trac-hacks.org/svn/footnotemacro/
- Enable by updating TracIni file (..../trac.ini) as follows:
[components] footnotemacro.macro.* = enabled
- Restart web server on command line:
$ [sudo] /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
- Test if is it working properly (all your environments).
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Source & Download
Download the zipped source from here.
- Here are the footnotes assembled from this page by using [[FootNote]]:
- Here is some wiki markup that will exercise all the functionality of the macro.
* Testing out the !FootNoteMacro[[FootNote(Here is the first footnote)]]. This will be a good test to exercise all of its functionality[[FootNote(Here is the second footnote)]]. And now I'll add an identical footnote and refer to the first footnote again[[FootNote(Here is the second footnote)]]^,^[[FootNote(1)]]. [[FootNote]] Now that I've called the !FootNoteMacro to print all the footnotes [[FootNote(I did that in the paragraph above)]], I should be able to generate more footnotes[[FootNote(It would be really cool if this feature was integrated into the Trac core)]] and print just the one that have been generated since the start of the second paragraph. Just for good measure I'll try referring to some footnotes in the first paragraph again[[FootNote(1)]]^,^[[FootNote(Here is the second footnote)]]. [[FootNote]]
- Testing out the FootNoteMacro3. This will be a good test to exercise all of its functionality4. And now I'll add an identical footnote and refer to the first footnote again4,1.
- Now that I've called the FootNoteMacro to print all the footnotes5, I should be able to generate more footnotes6 and print just the one that have been generated since the start of the second paragraph. Just for good measure I'll try referring to some footnotes in the first paragraph again1,4.
-  by rjollos on 2014-08-14 20:47:15
1.04: PEP-0008 changes and moved COPYING file to proper location.
-  by rjollos on 2014-02-11 04:50:30
1.0.4: Attach footnotes to the context to avoid scoping issues when formatting the page. Fixes #9211.
-  by rjollos on 2014-01-08 03:31:36
Added unit test harness. Refs #9211.