|Version 27 (modified by anonymous, 5 years ago) (diff)|
Self-contained Blog plugin
This is a production-ready release, available for an up-to-date Trac 0.11 installation. The implemented features should work as expected.
Basic features are:
- Create, edit and view blog posts under a new 'Blog' menu.
- Browse post by month, category and author + and Archive page for all posts.
- Attachments on blog posts.
- Comments for blog posts.
- Posts and comments appear in Timeline / RSS.
- Search for blog posts and comments.
- Admin page for basic settings and editing informational text in sidebar.
- Permissions for BLOG_VIEW, BLOG_COMMENT, BLOG_MODIFY_OWN, BLOG_MODIFY_ALL, BLOG_ADMIN.
- Support for Trac fine-grained permissions security checks (based on resource / realm).
- Special handling of a post named 'about'.
- Area in sidebar for information text, blogroll, links and similar.
- TracLink provider. Examples: [blog:this_is_my_post], [blog:category/trac], [blog:2007/10].
- Delete post version, delete post and delete comment.
- A tags provider for TagsPlugin if plugin is available.
- A [[BlogList]] news-listing macro with various display modes for pulling blog posts into the wiki.
- Change listener and manipulator APIs for hooking on to changes.
- Sample plugin that implements blog post 'draft' functionality (SampleBlogPlugin.py).
Some planned features are not yet done:
- Diff between version of the post.
- XmlRpcPlugin support.
Feedback is most welcome - see osimons to get in touch with me by mail or on the #trac channel.
The plugin in action (old-ish screenshot):
To see the blog in action, visit its 'home' at http://www.coderesort.com/about/blog
To use it:
- Install TagsPlugin 0.6
- Install FullBlogPlugin
- Upgrade the Trac environment:
trac-admin /path/to/env upgrade
- Run the migration script:
- Confirm the migration succeeded, then remove the old posts (if desired)
migrate-tracblog.py /path/to/environment --delete-only
Take a look at migrate-tracblog.py --help for more options
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download and Install
- Download the zipped source from here. Unzip the file, and cd into the directory with correct version (currently 0.11). Run python setup.py install.
- or, check out the source (ses below) and similarly run python setup.py install at correct location (like previous alternative). To update the plugin later, you can then just do svn up to pull down the latest source from repository and install it again.
- or, to install it directly from repository to get the latest version with revision marker, use easy_install:
easy_install --always-unzip http://trac-hacks.org/svn/fullblogplugin/0.11
Get it working
Follow these simple steps and configuration hints:
- Install the plugin in your preferred manner (see above).
- Enable the plugin:
[components] tracfullblog.* = enabled
- Run trac-admin /path/to/env upgrade.
- Restart server and as TRAC-ADMIN you should now see 'Blog' in menu.
- Add one or more permissions to let users view, create, comment and modify posts (see list above).
The link to 'Blog' in menu will appear last. To move it, edit your trac.ini config file to add blog into the ordered list:
[trac] mainnav = wiki,blog,timeline,....
If you would like the blog to be the new default home page for your project (ie. handle requests to /myproject/), then update trac.ini:
[trac] default_handler = FullBlogModule
- FullBlogNotificationPlugin - sends e-mail notifications about new/changed/deleted blog posts and comments
-  by osimons on 2013-12-09 12:03:49
FullBlogPlugin: Conform to latest version of Tags API. Closes #11435.
-  by osimons on 2012-10-04 09:10:57
FullBlogPlugin: Add a BLOG_DELETE permission used for deleting posts and comments. Closes #8652.
-  by osimons on 2012-10-04 09:05:03
FullBlogPlugin: Added a unit test for getting blog posts by category.