|Version 6 (modified by benzea, 18 months ago) (diff)|
Joomla Integration Plugin
This is a plugin that enables authentication against a Joomla! 2.5 host. It works by simply reading out the Session cookie, and using the session data from Joomla! that is stored in MySQL. It also contains an authz_policy implementation that is able to authenticate against the Joomla groups of the user. This means you can create very flexible access rules based on the Joomla! user.
The port to Joomla 2.5 should make this much more useful for other people out there. I have currently dropped the support for the "Keep me logged in" cookie; it would be nice to have that back for obvious reasons.
- Use the Session cookie from Joomla! to authenticate a user
- Copies important data (name, email address) into the Trac database
- authz style authentication configuration based on the groups from the Joomla!
Things that should/could be improved:
- Support "Remember Me" cookie
- Better integration into Joomla! by embedding the page somehow
- Create a group provider instead of duplicating the authz code. This should simplify the code.
Getting the Code
The code is currently only in GIT available from http://git.sipsolutions.net/joomlaplugin.git. Check it out using:
git clone http://git.sipsolutions.net/joomlaplugin.git