|Version 2 (modified by scratcher, 6 years ago) (diff)|
Autocomplete feature for 'keywords' field
Plugin provides autocomplete function for 'keywords' ticket field. Optionally it is possible to restrict list of keywords allowed to input.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here.
Following section must be added to trac.ini configuration file:
[keywordsuggest] tags = tag1,tag2,tag3 mustmatch = True
There are two parameters to configure:
- tags - specifies list of comma separated values available for input
- mustmatch [optional] - if specified, 'keywords' field accepts values from the tags list only
-  by rjollos on 2012-10-03 07:38:09
- Moved generation of keywords string into a private method.
- Several other refactorings, backed by unit tests.
- In Trac 1.0 and later, jQuery-UI from the Trac core is added to the page. The ability to add jQuery-UI to the page was added in Trac 1.0.
-  by rjollos on 2012-10-03 03:31:24
- Strip single quotes from the multipleseparator Option value. This allows the user to specify a single whitespace separator as ' ' (which is not necessary since a single whitespace is the default), or even dream up separators such as double whitespace as ' '. A single whitespace character is used as the separator in the case the user specifies ''. Thanks to itamarost for pointing out this corner case in his original patch.
- Wired up unit tests.
- Renamed keywords.py to web_ui.py, to work around an issue described in comment:39, in which the keywordsuggest.keywordsuggest module was not being found by the keywordsuggest.tests.keywordsuggest module when running unit tests.
NOTE: If you have enabled the plugin through webadmin or by editing trac.ini with keywordsuggest.keywordsuggest.* = enabled, you will need to re-enable the plugin through webadmin, or edit the line to keywordsuggest.web_ui.* = enabled (or keywordsuggest.web_ui.keywordsuggestmodule = enabled).
-  by rjollos on 2012-10-02 09:37:00
- Allow whitespace as a separator. The default separator, if not otherwise specified, is whitespace.
- Trim extra whitespace when selecting a keyword.
- Removed fix-up of keyword list on the client-side. This is done on the server side (although there appears to be room for improvement there).