|Version 10 (modified by izzy, 6 years ago) (diff)|
Add custom items to main and meta navigation bar
This plugin allows you to add custom items ("buttons") to both the main and the meta navigation bar. Item name, title and URL can be specified in trac.ini, as well as an optional permission the user is required to have to see the item.
Note: The 0.10 branch seems still to work fine in Trac 0.11
[components] navadd.* = enabled
All configuration settings are to be kept in a section called [navadd] in TracIni. The basic syntax is:
- add_items = <item>,<item>,...
- comma-separated list of items that will be added; only items that are listed here will be processed.
Note: all items need to be in lowercase. If you use any uppercase character it will not work.
And then for each item:
- <item>.title = <title>
- the name (title) of the button
- <item>.url = <url>
- the URL the button should link to; please note that TracLinks syntax is not supported here yet
- <item>.perm = <permission>
- an optional permission that a user needs to have in order to see the button
- <item>.target = <navbar_name>
- the name of the navigation bar the button should be added to; only mainnav and metanav have been tested so far, others names probably work as well
This is the configuration I use on madwifi.org to add a link to the imprint in the meta navigation bar, and a link to our download section on sf.net in the main navigation bar.
[navadd] add_items = imprint,download imprint.title = Impressum/Imprint imprint.url = /wiki/Impressum #imprint.perm = WIKI_VIEW imprint.target = metanav download.title = Download download.url = http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82936&package_id=85233 #download.perm = WIKI_VIEW download.target = mainnav
Ordering of buttons
It might be worth to note that buttons which are added with this plugin can be ordered in the usual way, i.e. by specifying the actual order in section [trac], keywords mainnav and metanav in TracIni.
Let's assume that you add a button Download to your main navigation bar (same as in the configuration example above), and you want it to appear right after the Wiki button. The configuration then looks like:
[trac] ... mainnav = wiki,download,timeline,roadmap,browser,tickets,newticket ...
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here.
-  by rjollos on 2014-01-08 17:46:30
0.3: An href starting with a / is relative to the base URL, and absolute URLs are treated as such. Fixes #11443.
Removed some unused code. Thanks to ryank-inovonics for the patch.
-  by rjollos on 2013-09-10 10:46:37
Refs #940: Refactor code to use a ListOption and add doc. Bumped version to 0.2.
-  by rjollos on 2013-09-10 10:46:25
Renamed 0.9 directory to trunk`.