|Version 2 (modified by rweigel, 6 years ago) (diff)|
QATracker is a Trac 0.11 plug-in used to manage QA Test Cases via the native Trac interface.
- Test Plans and Test Runs are managed by Milestones
- Test Cases are managed by Tickets
- Test Results are the Closed Tickets with some sort of resolution (Pass, Fail, Skip, etc.)
In other words, QA folks get all the snazzy benefits of Trac (reporting, transparency, usage patterns, etc.) that development is already enjoys.
The QATrackerPlugin does two things:
- Creates a new Test Run and populates it with Test Cases from an existing Test Plan
- Populates an existing Test Run with additional Test Cases from an existing Test Plan
Please note that QATrackerPlugin is currently alpha. Effectively, it only manages the "happy path" for usage. A more polished beta will be available by 2/28/09 that includes proper error handling as well as customization options.
For the purposes of the QATrackerPlugin, the following words are defined and mapped to the Trac interface.
- Test Plan
- A collection of Test Cases, effectively speaking a template for a Test Run. Within Trac, this equates to a Milestone with unassigned Tickets.
- Test Run
- An instance of a Test Plan. Within Trac, this equates to a Milestone with assigned Tickets.
- Test Case
- Something to test. Within Trac, this equates to a ticket.
- Test Result
- Something that was tested. Within Trac, this equates to closed ticket (and/or their resolution).
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here.