|Version 6 (modified by sambloomquist, 8 years ago) (diff)|
Scrum Burndown in Trac
A plugin to enable burndown chart capabilities, a common part of Scrum and other agile development methodologies.
Installing this plugin is a four-step process.
- Apply this [LinkComingSoon patch] to enable the 'integer' ticket field type
- Add custom ticket fields
- Install the egg
- Create a cron/pycron job to run a daily python script
Add custom ticket fields
Add the following to your trac.ini file:
[components] burndown.* = enabled [ticket-custom] orig_estimate = integer orig_estimate.label = Original Estimate (in hours) current_estimate = integer current_estimate.label = Current Estimate (in hours) time_spent = integer time_spent.label = Time Spent
Original estimate is not really used by the plugin, it's just common Scrum process to be able to see how the estimates have change throughout a given sprint.
Installing the egg
Install just like you would any other Trac plugin. Drop the egg into your plugins or site-packages folder and then try to access Trac in your browser. You will get an error message saying that the database needs to be upgraded and telling you the trac-admin command to do it. (I think it's something like 'trac-admin YourProjectName.db upgrade'). Perform the upgrade.
Download the this file: attachment:burndown_job.py and place it into a directory where you can run it with python. For example, "C:\Python23\Scripts\"
Set up a job to run the burndown_job.py script once a day. I personally am using Windows, so I used pycron. Here is an example pycron tab file to run the job at noon on weekdays: attachment:crontab.txt
This job totals up all the remaining time for given milestones and components and saves the information into the trac burndown table so that the plugin can use it to draw charts.
Using the plugin
More coming here soon...
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here.
Download the distributable Python egg from here.
-  by rjollos on 2013-05-17 01:38:18
- Fixed incorrect package_data specification (regression from ).
- Renamed config.html to admin_burndown.html in order to better ensure that we'll meet the requirements that template names are unique.
- Changed url in setup.py to point to the trac-hacks site.
Thanks to Jun Omae (jun66j5) for these fixes.
-  by rjollos on 2013-05-16 01:40:27
- Removed Trac pre-0.11 compatibility code.
- Changed module names to follow Trac naming conventions.
- Updated source file headers and added where missing.
Note: If you enabled the plugin through the web admin, or by providing the full module name, you'll need to re-enable the plugin or edit the [components] section:
burndown.burndown_admin_milestones.burndownmilestonesadminpanel = enabled burndown.burndown.burndowncomponent = enabled
burndown.admin.burndownadminpanel = enabled burndown.burndown.burndownmodule = enabled
-  by rjollos on 2013-05-16 00:59:46
Refs #7066, #11069: Removed ClearSilver req.hdf variables.