|Version 4 (modified by deltroo, 8 years ago) (diff)|
SEAT plugin: SEarch wiki and ticket ATtachments
This plugin allows text integral search in wiki and ticket attachments (.pdf, .doc,.ppt,...). The SEAT plugin has the following features:
- new Attachments source to the search page
- an excerpt of the matching documents is presented in the result page
- any format is supported as long as there is a command line tool for plain text conversion (filter command)
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here.
How to install?
- Install filter tools for the formats you want to index, for instance
- Download the plugin from xxxx
- Install the plugin
python set-up bdist_egg cp searchattachmpents.egg YOUR_TRAC_ENV/plugins
- Configure the [attachment] section of trac.ini
searchattachments.* = enabled
swish = /usr/bin/local/swish-e
filter.doc = /usr/local/bin/catdoc -b "%s" > "%s"
filter.ppt = /usr/local/bin/catppt "%s" > "%s"
filter.pdf = /usr/bin/pdftotext "%s" "%s"
path to the swish-e command on your system.
command to use for converting a non-text format to text. The command takes a file as input (first %s) and writes the generated a text file in a file (second %s):
There is no need to declare a filter command for .txt or .text. Text files are handled natively. To index a new non-text format, just add a filter.* entry using the appropriate command line tool for this format.filter.myEXT = my_command -infile "%s" -outfile "%s"
- Trac 10.x and 11.x source code must be manually modified for SEAT plugin to work. The file to modify is attachment.py. On a Linux Fedora system, it is located in /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/trac
162 def insert(self, filename, fileobj, size, t=None, db=None): ... ... 184 try: 185 # Note: `path` is an unicode string because `self.path` was one. 186 # As it contains only quoted chars and numbers, we can use `ascii` 187 basename = os.path.basename(path).encode('ascii') 188 filename = unicode_unquote(basename) 189 190 cursor = db.cursor() 191 cursor.execute("INSERT INTO attachment " 192 "VALUES (%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s,%s)", 193 (self.parent_type, self.parent_id, filename, 194 self.size, self.time, self.description, self.author, 195 self.ipnr)) 196 shutil.copyfileobj(fileobj, targetfile) 197 self.filename = filename 198 199 self.env.log.info('New attachment: %s by %s', self.title, 200 self.author) 201 202 if handle_ta: 203 db.commit() 204 205 targetfile.close() # << Line to add for SEAT plugin 206 207 for listener in AttachmentModule(self.env).change_listeners: 208 listener.attachment_added(self) 209 finally: 210 targetfile.close()
- Add the trac-seat utility to your path. For instance, copy trac-seat to /usr/local/bin.
- Use trac-seat to convert existing attachments to text files and index these.
trac-seat /path/to/your/env meta trac-seat /path/to/your/env index -c
- restart the trac server ( /etc/init.d/httpd restart)
-  by rjollos on 2013-05-20 09:40:01
Fixes #3064: Fixed incorrect import.
-  by rjollos on 2013-05-20 09:38:17
Fixes #1857: Fixed typo of section name in README. Thanks to sassyn@… for spotting this.
-  by deltroo on 2007-05-09 17:31:22
inital code of 0.10 version