|Version 12 (modified by martin_s, 6 years ago) (diff)|
Table of Contents
Set any server file as shortcut icon, including handler for /favicon.ico.
This small plug-in provides an request handler for the widely used shortcut icon URL path /favicon.ico. Especially MS Internet Explorer seems to need the shortcut icon located at this position. The plug-in is also able to insert (X)HTML link tags which point standard compatible browsers to this address.
Please be aware that this icons can also be configured over the Trac standard config file as described in the TracInterfaceCustomization wiki, but forcing the Trac server admin to put the icon in the document root of the host in order to be compatible with the MS IE.
To enable this plug-in add the following into the config file (normally 'conf/trac.ini'):
[components] tracshortcuticon.* = enabled
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here.
Put the following settings in the trac.ini config file under the section [shortcuticon]:
- handler = true|false
- Enables/disables request handler for /favicon.ico URL.
- linkheader = true|false
- Enables/disables insertion of link tags which point to the icon.
- iconpath = /local/path/on/trac/server/icon.png
- Local OS path (no URL) of the icon file on the Trac server. While some browser support PNG and GIF icons, some other only the MS ICO format. The icon should be 16x16 or 32x32 pixels in size.
- mimetype = image/<extention>
- Overrides auto-detection by file extension of the mime-type.
[shortcuticon] handler = true linkheader = true iconpath = /local/path/on/trac/server/icon.png mimetype = image/png [project] # Disable build-in handling of icons: icon =
-  by martin_s on 2010-08-30 23:57:58
Added encoding meta-comment and declared SVN keywords as unicode to avoid issues with non-english locales.
-  by martin_s on 2010-08-23 13:12:14
Removed outdated variable rev from setup file.
-  by martin_s on 2010-08-20 15:23:45
Removed import of source revisions to avoid installation issues.