|Version 9 (modified by hasienda, 2 years ago) (diff)|
Username Policy for trac-hacks.org
- number of characters: 5 .. 30 allowed
upper limit is a bit arbitrary here, but nevertheless should exist
- contains maximum of 3 characters repeated in a row ('aaabc')
- contains maximum of 3 numeric characters
- no space in-between (use '_' instead)
- doesn't contain some blacklisted character sequences, i.e.:
World-wide there are strong feelings about brands, and we'd better steer clear of even the possibility of getting involved into infringement accusations of any kind ASAP.
- Unicode chars allowed
a phonetic/all-latin transcription is strongly recommended on the user wiki page to ease conversation (commonly in English)
Ideally we'll implement all rules in the registration procedure provided by AccountManagerPlugin.
Of course that doesn't help for existing accounts, and we need to called the following users for clearance:
Exceptions should all get documented openly. We must advertise at the mailing-list and send notifications to existing email contacts. If the user is not responsive within a reasonable amount of time, say 3 months, we'll close the account and remove it after another 3-month-period.
Reason given as reference to rules above
- Anonymous - 6
- TestTest - 5
- TestUser - 5
- TimN - a, b
Reasons by number:
- persons clear name/contact is matching username
- valid link to homepage