|Version 14 (modified by farialima, 5 years ago) (diff)|
Import or update tickets in batch from an Excel or CSV file into Trac
This plugin lets you import into Trac a series of tickets from an CSV file or (if the xlrd library is installed) from an Excel file.
You can also use it to modify tickets in batch, by saving a report as CSV, editing the CSV file, and re-importing the tickets.
This plugin is very useful when starting a new project: you can import a list of requirements that may have come from meeting notes, list of features, other ticketing systems... It's also great to review the tickets off-line, or to do massive changes to tickets.
Based on the ticket id in the imported file, tickets are either created or updated.
It is used by software products development teams daily on several projects in at least three companies.
For a machine-wide installation, run as root on your machine:
- easy_install http://trac-hacks.org/svn/ticketimportplugin/0.10 for Trac 0.10, or
- easy_install http://trac-hacks.org/svn/ticketimportplugin/0.11 for Trac 0.11.
Trac instance installation
For an installation for only one Trac instance (on Trac 0.10, requires the Admin plugin):
- Install using the Admin UI in Trac.
xlrd installation (optional)
To be able to import Excel files, xlrd must be installed. xlrd is a Python library, not a Trac plugin. Take the latest binary from http://pypi.python.org/pypi/xlrd. On windows, run the installer; on other platforms, just unzip the .zip, and copy the "xlrd" folder that it contains, into the "site-packages" folder of the Python lib, for example:
mkdir tmp cd tmp curl http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/x/xlrd/xlrd-0.6.1.zip > xlrd-0.6.1.zip unzip xlrd-0.6.1.zip sudo cp -r xlrd-0.6.1/xlrd /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/
No configuration is needed. To verify that it's correctly installed, run python -c 'import xlrd' from the command line: it should not cause an error.
This plugin has been tested extensively on Trac 0.11, and a little on Trac 0.10. Please report any issue !
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Once you have enabled the plugin and given yourself IMPORT_EXECUTE permission, you will see a new Import tab in the main navigation. This tab contains a complete documentation on exactly how the import works, as well as a form to select the CSV or XLS file to upload:
Once you have uploaded it, a preview screen shows you what will be imported and let you confirm the import.
-  by jun66j5 on 2013-07-02 17:34:37
ticketimportplugin: prevent reporting that the description has changes when a comment is posted even if the ticket isn't changed.
-  by jun66j5 on 2013-03-27 18:24:04
TicketImportPlugin: fixed fatal errors with a malformed csv file and improved handling such a file
-  by jun66j5 on 2013-03-27 16:02:54
TicketImportPlugin: fixed failures of ImporterTestCase.test_celltypes_ticket_8804
(206.2 KB) -
added by farialima 5 years ago.
Screenshot of the Import screen
- TicketImport-0.6-py2.5.egg (39.7 KB) - added by farialima 5 years ago.
- TicketImport-0.6-py2.4.egg (40.1 KB) - added by farialima 5 years ago.
- TicketImport-0.7-py2.4.egg (34.5 KB) - added by farialima 5 years ago.
- TicketImport-0.7-py2.5.egg (34.2 KB) - added by farialima 5 years ago.
- TicketImport-0.7a-py2.4.egg (37.5 KB) - added by farialima 5 years ago.
- TicketImport-0.7a-py2.5.egg (37.1 KB) - added by farialima 5 years ago.
- TicketImport-0.6c-py2.5.egg (40.3 KB) - added by farialima 5 years ago.
- TicketImport-0.6c-py2.4.egg (40.6 KB) - added by farialima 5 years ago.
- TicketImport-0.7c-py2.5.egg (37.6 KB) - added by farialima 5 years ago.
- TicketImport-0.7c-py2.4.egg (37.9 KB) - added by farialima 5 years ago.
- TicketImport-0.8-py2.5.egg (38.5 KB) - added by farialima 4 years ago.
- TicketImport-0.8-py2.4.2.egg (38.9 KB) - added by farialima 4 years ago.
- TicketImport-0.8-py2.4.egg (38.9 KB) - added by farialima 4 years ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip