|Version 62 (modified by anonymous, 7 years ago) (diff)|
Timing and Estimation Plugin
Table of Contents
This is a plugin that adds (aspires to add) estimation and time tracking to Trac.
Because we are using ITicketChangeListener this plugin is only compatible with Trac >= .10
Currently this has been tested on Python 2.4 (I think it should run on 2.3 as well though) and Trac .10dev with sqlite >= 3.2.3 backend. This plugin should also support mysql and postgresql DB backends.
- Genshi is supported in the Trac 0.11 branch of this plugin.
- Clearsilver is a requirement for running the Trac 0.10 version of this plugin .
- Because we are using ITicketChangeListener this plugin is only compatable with Trac >= .10
- if you wish to use Trac < .10, I suggest checking out: http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TimeTracking
Getting the Plugin
Download the source using Svn at:
Download the zipped source :
When downloading these files the extention is lost, or the filename corrupted. a simple rename to filename.zip seems to resolve it the contents are intact
Browse the source using Trac:
In the repository there is a scripts folder that contains some various python files that I have written to perform billing queries across an entire directory of tracs and email the results to a specified address. As is these are written to work in my setup and some paths at the top of each file will probably need to be changed. These are mostly included because I wrote them for myself and thought others might want to perform similar tasks. (See: script help)
- Initial Plugin Specification
- User Manual
- SVN Post-Commit-Hook Clock time and make comments from your svn commit message
- New Features Specification
- Install the plugin (either for a single project, or globally). See the details on how to install a trac plugin at: TracPlugins
- No Really, GO READ TracPlugins
- Be sure that the plugin is enabled. Add "timingandestimationplugin.* = enabled" to trac.ini (in the [components] subheading).
- Alternatively, this can be enabled in the Web Admin section of the website as well
- Run $ trac-admin /path/to/projenv upgrade
- You should get a message like this:
Timing and Estimation needs an upgrade Upgrading Database Creating bill_date table Creating report_version table Upgrading fields Upgrading reports Upgrading usermanual Done Upgrading Upgrade done.
- You should get a message like this:
- Reload/restart your HTTPD / other webserver / Tracd. That's it.
Post Installation Configuration Options
By default, the TimingAndEstimationPlugin's four components will all be active. However, you can disable some of the components if you want to. (The easiest way to do this is to ensure you have the trac:WebAdmin plugin installed.)
The plugin's components are:
- Required component.
- Ensures that the "Total Hours" values are updated when a user edits a ticket's "Add Hours to Ticket" field. You would not normally want to disable this component.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
There is not a lot here, but ticket:995 is the best source of information for people uninstalling the plugin.
- ScrumPlugin - a Radical reworking of the ScrumBurndownPlugin and TimingAndEstimationPlugin.
- WorkLogPlugin gives an interface that allows you to record time in a work log type format (start and stop tasks)
- TracSlimTimerPlugin - Trac and SlimTimer integration
- TimeVisualizerPlugin the same as ScrumBurndownPlugin expect is much more flexible and doesn't change db in any way (just reads history data provided by TimingAndEstimationPlugin & Trac itself). For details see InitialDesignGoals.
Interacting with T&E
Recent Changes ==m,m
-  by bobbysmith007 on 2013-09-05 17:01:48
removed misleading sentence in the user manual
-  by bobbysmith007 on 2013-04-08 20:47:56
remove hours/work summary reports from the view-tickets screen re #11005
-  by bobbysmith007 on 2013-04-01 18:06:03
make add_hours_from_comment work in the face of ajax previews
-  by bobbysmith007 on 2013-04-01 16:36:15
fixed broken import of module I refactored away last week fix #10988
- Alessio Massaro
- trac-hacks wiki:masariello
- Helped Get Reports working in postgres and started moving toward generic work rather than hours
- helped postegresql db backend compatiblity
- Jonas Borgstrom : http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/JonasBorgstrom
- made it so that base_url was unnecessary
- Colin Guthrie
- Refactored custom reports stuff into a single class/module that can be copied to other plugins, to make interaction with T&E easier.
- David Abrahams
- Trac.11 - Stream filters to prettify the Reports Screen and make TotalHours not editable