|Version 4 (modified by rjollos, 13 months ago) (diff)|
Software Release Control for Trac
At work I have to create a document called Release Notes for every new software version I intend to send to Production.
This document has the following objectives:
- tell the Business Guys what this new release is (in a way they could understand ;)
- tell the Environment Guys how to install the release in our various different environments;
- collect the ok from those Business Guy: they should test the release and then approve it.
Well, this document is a lot repetitive: actually it consists of a small introduction explaining what the release is meant to, a list with the Trac tickets included in it, the technical steps for installation and then the signatures.
So I decided to spend some time in my weekend to automate the process: instead of ugly and slow .doc documents, it will be a new Trac plugin where you fill the version, the Release description and the user names of those people who should approve it.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download and Source
It's experimental yet, but I intend to upload something better later today.
-  by rjollos on 2013-02-20 04:32:07
Refs #10830: Added COPYING file with BSD 3-Clause license.
-  by rjollos on 2013-02-20 04:29:48
Refs #10830: Moved trunk, branches and tags directories outside of the 0.11 directory.
-  by rjollos on 2013-02-20 04:25:30
Fixes #10830: Added BSD 3-Clause license.