|Version 2 (modified by izzy, 4 years ago) (diff)|
Synchronize User Account data between multiple Trac projects
This plugin can be used to synchronize user account data between multiple projects within the same TRAC_PARENT. Basically, it reads the account information from all the separate environments, merges them, and then updates all environments accordingly. As it currently still is in early beta state at best, a dryrun mode is enabled by default - so no changes will be written to the database. Instead, the updates for the affected environments will be stored in <tracenv>.sql files to investigate.
If you intend to use this plugin in its current state, you are strongly encouraged to...
- first test it in a non-productive environment, which best is a copy of the intended productive environment to be used on later
- first let it run in drymode, and investigate the resulting *.sql files carefully
- only if everything seems to be fine, and still being in your test environment, and after making a copy of the databases, disable drymode and verify the results
- only if still everything seems to be OK, repeat these steps in your productive environment - at your own risk
I (the author) will take no responsibilities whatever, especially concerning possible damage and data loss. You have been warned!
If you are still encouraged to try it: Great - I love to receive your feedback!
Except this plugin being still in early beta state, there are more limitations to consider:
- it was not widely tested yet
- it is not yet "fool-proof" (if it ever will be). This especially means, not all possible exceptions may be handled yet
- it works only for environments, which...
- share the same TRAC_PARENT_DIR
- use the AccountManagerPlugin
- store the user passwords in a .htpasswd file
- share the same .htpasswd password file (which at the moment you have to ensure, it's not yet verified)
There may be more limitations I'm not aware of at the moment...
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here.
-  by izzy on 2010-02-26 08:03:06
fixed a typo and added some more exception handling (usersync crashed under some strange conditions)
-  by izzy on 2009-11-01 19:15:44
! wrong defaults for excludes
-  by izzy on 2009-11-01 19:14:38
+ added option to exclude environments form sync by default
! selection of environments was ignored