|Version 4 (modified by simon, 8 years ago) (diff)|
Display Hierarchical Data Structures
This plugin provides the ability to display a neat rendering of any hierarchical data structure such as a set of files within a file system, hosts on a network, or similar.
The plugin adds the following syntactic elements to the wiki processor:
+- is the token to begin a new tree or continue one in progress. Add entries with
- is some separator character (e.g. / for directories, . for parts of
a domain name, or any other character except for whitespace) name is some unique identifier within the current tree, possibly containing further separators and names (nodes).
A tree's entries are ended with --. If -- is seen but the processor is not in 'capture tree nodes' mode, -- will be rendered as-is.
- Attempts will be made by the plugin to disambiguate nodes following deterministic rules, so only the information necessary to uniquely identify a parent node need be provided when adding further nodes.
- Nodes may be designated as 'terminal' or 'container'. Container nodes obviously contain further nodes, but otherwise-terminal nodes may be marked as containers for display purposes.
- Intermediate nodes are created on demand. There is no need to separately specify each and every child node in a long branch.
- Comments may be added to terminal nodes (or empty container nodes).
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from here.
Note that in these examples, code tags are used to denote the input and output from the plugin - this is done for illustrative purposes only, and will not be the case with the plugin installed.
Simple Tree, showing several features.
+-.A.B.C # Node 'B' is auto-vivified +-C.D # 'C' is unique in the prior subtree +-.A.E # E will be added as a child of A +-.F # F will be added as a new top-level node --
This will be displayed as something like:
. +--- A | +--- B | | +--- C | | +--- D | +--- E +--- F
The 'trac' directories
+-/usr/share/trac/ +-/usr/share/trac/templates +-/usr/share/trac/cgi-bin +-/usr/share/trac/wiki-default +-/usr/share/trac/htdocs +-/usr/share/trac/htdocs/css +-/usr/share/trac/htdocs/js +-/usr/share/trac/wiki-macros --
which is displayed as something like:
[V] usr +--- [V] share +--- [V] trac +--- templates +--- cgi-bin +--- wiki-default +--- [V] htdocs | +--- css | +--- js +--- wiki-macros
Note the 'collapse subtree' buttons, marked as [V].