|Version 36 (modified by martin_s, 5 years ago) (diff)|
Table of Contents
- 7th Sep 2010
- Autocomplete of add and remove fields. This uses the jQuery autocomplete library.
- Both above features are now optional, i.e. can be disabled by the trac admin to lower the amount of code loaded.
- 30th Aug 2010
- i18n branch is updated to a preliminary version with i18n almost finished. Tested with German translations and Trac 0.12-r9990. Soon we'll publish message catalogs at Transifex as well.
- 27th Aug 2010
- The dev branch is now for Trac 0.12.
- Internationalization/localization support is currently implemented by hasienda.
- 30th May 2010
The dev branch (for Trac 0.11) now supports the following features:
- API for extensions to allow watching of content generated by other plugins.
- Allow users to use wildcards in wiki/ticket add input field, e.g. "Trac*" should add all wikis starting with Trac.
- "Delete Wiki/Ticket" input field on watchlist.
- Unwatch and Notify On/Off buttons in the watchlist are now handled dynamically using jQuery Ajax. The watchlist is not reloaded for every change.
- 28th Oct 2009
Features in Planning
- User specific settings with settings on watchlist page:
- Redirect setting (Go to watchlist or to watched page?)
- Notification settings (auto-notify-on etc.)
- Maybe control over watchlist table content.
Watchlist for Wikis and Tickets
This plug-in adds a watchlist for wikis and tickets. Every logged-in user can watch any wikis and ticket. The watchlist is provided under [/watchlist] which is also added to the main navigation bar.
To insert a watchlist style table into wikis use the ListOfWikiPagesMacro.
A special ticket report which only shows watched tickets is also provided.
The release files are also available on the Python Package Index.
Download the zipped source of the develop version from here.
A normal check-out is done using:
svn co http://trac-hacks.org/svn/watchlistplugin/<trac version> watchlistplugin
To export the sources replace the above co with export.
This package can be installed using the following commands. The easy_install program is provided by the python setuptools (e.g. python-setuptools package in Ubuntu). See also TracPlugins.
easy_install http://trac-hacks.org/svn/watchlistplugin/dev (develop branch for 0.12) # or easy_install http://trac-hacks.org/svn/watchlistplugin/i18n (develop branch for 0.12 introducing i18n/l10n support) # or easy_install http://trac-hacks.org/svn/watchlistplugin/0.11 # or easy_install http://trac-hacks.org/svn/watchlistplugin/0.12
Enable the plugin in the trac.ini config file (or over WebAdminPlugin):
[components] tracwatchlist.* = enabled
Then update your Trac database using:
trac-admin /path/to/trac/environment upgrade
Using it together with the AnnouncerPlugin
If the AnnouncerPlugin is used to receive change notifications the watchlist allows the user to easily change notification setting of watched wikis and tickets. If this feature (#4744) is enabled, an extra column appears in the watchlist which informs the user about the current setting (On/Off) and allows him/her to change it. Watching and notifications can be independent, i.e. users can have themselves notified about changes of a wiki page which is not on their watchlist or vice versa, but can also be linked together as shown below.
[announcer] # Rename announcers context navigation items (empty list removes them): ctxtnav_names = [watchlist] notifications = true display_notify_navitems = true
To enable notifications by default for all entries in the watchlist (see #6052) also add:
# still in [watchlist] notify_by_default = true
The following config file options are currently supported. Per-user configuration settings will be implemented soon. The (legacy) default settings are shown.
[watchlist] notifications = false # Notification support on/off, see above notify_by_default = false # Enable notifications about all watchlist entries, see above display_notify_navitems = false # Display own notification menu items display_notify_column = true # Display notification column in watchlist tables stay_at_resource = false # Stay at wiki or ticket page after watch/unwatch etc., otherwise go to watchlist page show_messages_on_resource_page = true # If stay_at_resource is true show action messages on resource page show_messages_on_watchlist_page = true # If stay_at_resource is false show action messages on watchlist page show_messages_while_on_watchlist_page = true # Show messages about changes done on the watchlist page
A ticket report can be added to list all watched tickets of the current user. This is not done automatically at the moment. However, the needed SQL code for a manual installation can be taken from this file.
Browse any wiki or ticket and click Watch in the context navigation bar. To unwatch a wiki or ticket browse to it and click Unwatch in the context navigation bar or click the corresponding Unwatch link in the watchlist.
In order to see the watchlist click on the Watchlist button on the main navigation bar. This button will only be displayed for logged in users. The watchlist will be displayed under the location /watchlist. Therefore it can be linked to from a wiki page using [/watchlist].
Navigation bar items for a unwatched wiki page:
Watchlist under [/watchlist]:
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
-  by jun66j5 on 2015-02-07 19:16:12
1.0.1: fixed a KeyError being raised when translations unavailable (closes #12176)
-  by jun66j5 on 2014-12-27 15:18:40
1.0.1: fixed an AttributeError when Trac has unavailable translations and Babel is installed (refs #10054)
-  by rjollos on 2014-12-15 00:31:34
1.0.1: Fixed handling of timezone offset. Fixes #10424.
Patch by Jun Omae.