|Version 148 (modified by hasienda, 19 months ago) (diff)|
We're proudly announcing the arrival of Trac 1.0.1 (current stable) at this site. Bear with us for a number of rough edges. Most will be gone by next week. Hope to see you continuing to unleash the power of your Trac plugin development enthusiasm.
Welcome to Trac Hacks
How to Contribute
I've tried to make this as simple as possible:
- Register? a user name then login? (requires cookies).
- Fill out the NewHack form.
- Verify all the details for your new page are correct.
- Commit your code to the provided Subversion URL
(alternatively you can simply attach your hack to your Wiki page, ala MacroBazaar, but remember that you can't delete or replace attachments)
- Have a look at TracHackDevelopment.
- Consider subscribing to the trac-hacks mailing list.
The TracHacks page contains more information, contact details, bug reports, enhancements, suggestions, etc.
I host my own hack elsewhere
Feel free to create a stub page here with a short description and links to your own hack. Please stick to the page naming convention, by appending the hack type (eg. GanttPlugin)
eg. The DoStuff macro would become the page DoStuffMacro.
How to Adopt Unmaintained Hacks
How do I install these things?
Refer to the Trac plugin documentation and the MacroBazaar for details on how to build and install plugins and macros, respectively. For other types please refer to the page of the hack you are installing for instructions.
Have a look at the RequestaHack page for features that people request.
Macros are simple enhancements to Trac's Wiki engine. Examples include SubWiki, TOC, FootNote, etc.
Modifications to the Trac source in the form of patches. This can include simple changes to Clear Silver templates, patches to the Python code,etc.
As part of the move to a component architecture, Trac 0.9 is now extensible via plugins. Plugins can be used to add functionality to Trac that was not previously possible without extensive modification to the source. This could include anything from extended milestone facilities, multi-project functionality, integration of automated build systems, other link types, to simple macros.
Refer to the Trac documentation for installation instructions and more information.
Scripts that enhance the functionality of Trac. This could include things like wrappers around creation of Subversion and Trac projects, post-commit hooks, etc.
Themes are modifications to the visual layout and style of Trac. They can be anything from just CSS changes, to full templates with additional images and styles.
Translations of Trac into other languages.
Trac 0.11 introduces the customizable TracWorkflow. Here are some you might find useful:
- AdvancedTicketWorkflowPlugin Advanced Ticket Workflow Plugin
- GroupingAssignToPlugin Fill Assign-To by looking at permission groups
- MultipleWorkflowPlugin Workflow based on ticket type
- TestManagerForTracPlugin Test Manager plugin for Trac - Full test management life-cycle: definition, planning, execution, statistics
- TestingWorkflow Testing Workflow
- TicketConditionalCreationStatusPlugin Conditionally set ticket creation status
- TracGenericWorkflowPlugin Trac Generic Workflow
- TracWorkflowAdminPlugin Web interface for workflow administration of Trac
- TypedTicketWorkflowPlugin Typed Ticket Workflow
- WikiWorkflowPatch Wiki workflow extension point patch
- WorkflowActionButtonsPlugin Add streamlined workflow-action buttons to the top of a ticket
- WorkflowEditorPlugin Edit Ticket Workflow
- WorkflowNotificationPlugin WorkflowNotificationPlugin
- tags/persistent Persistent Tags
Feedback and Suggestions
Please consider subscribing to the th-users mailing list.
The list is meant for discussion about trac-hacks.org, i.e. the services that are provided here for the Trac community. Use it to suggest new features, discuss ways to improve the website, report issues that you come across, stuff like this. Any feedback is highly appreciated.
Please note however that th-users is not meant for support requests for any of the plugins provided on trac-hacks.org by their authors. These should still be directed to the trac-users mailing list instead.
We have defined some shortcuts for commonly used links, such as download:hackname, google:search, trac:wikipage, trac-changeset:changeset and trac-ticket:ticket. See InterMapTxt for a complete list.
Adhering to the principle that one should
eat one's own dog food,
the following hacks are used on TracHacks:
AccountManagerPlugin, AcronymsPlugin, AutoWikifyPlugin, ChangeLogMacro, EmailProcessorMacro, FootNoteMacro, IncludeMacro, IniAdminPlugin, NewHackMacro, NewsFlashMacro, PollMacro, RefMacro, SpamFilterPlugin, SvnAuthzAdminPlugin, TagsPlugin, TicketChangePlugin, TicketDeletePlugin, TocMacro, TracBlogPlugin, TracHacksPlugin, TracPygmentsPlugin, TracRedirect, WebAdminPlugin and XmlRpcPlugin.
The tag cloud is a visual representation of tag frequency, similar to a histogram.
I'm linking to the tag index? to reduce system load.