|Version 153 (modified by rjollos, 19 months ago) (diff)|
In the coming months trac-hacks.org will be moved to a new server, which should provide better availability and performance than the existing hosting. At the moment we continue to experience intermittent but brief downtime, and slow site performance, which we are aiming to resolve with this move.
Edgewall, which created and continues to host Trac, Genshi and Babel has generously offered to provide the hosting for trac-hacks.org. From a user standpoint, nothing will change except for an improved experience in accessing the site. Hosting by Edgewall should ensure that trac-hacks.org remains available with free hosting for Trac plugins for a long time to come.
Following the site move, the trac-hacks.org admin team can start focusing on more improvements to the site, so stay tuned! Please don't hesitate to comment if you have any questions or concerns.
The NewHack tab is once again available to logged-in users, allowing new hacks to be published to the site. This feature has been unavailable since the site upgrade in June 2013. Sorry for its long absence!
If you spot any issues, please let us know by opening a ticket.
Am 19.06.2013, nach einem der ersten heißen Sommertage des Jahres, trafen sich Entwickler im Cafe Max in Dresden, Louisenstraße 65. Der Abend verflog bei angeregter Unterhaltung. Die Anwesenden waren sich einig, die Gespräche bei Gelegenheit fortzusetzen.
- Kennenlernen, regionale und persönliche Erlebnisse des gerade erlebten Elbe-Hochwassers
- frühere und aktuelle Ereignisse der Trac-Gemeinschaft, besonders die t-h.o-Aktualisierung
- beliebte Entwicklerwerkzeuge und Arbeitstechniken
- Spaß, gutes Essen und erfrischende Getränke
- Organisatorisches und Planungen
(transcript - English version) On 19th of June 2013, after one of the first hot summer days of the year, developers met at Cafe Max in Dresden, Louisenstraße 65. Excited conversation made the evening flew by. Participants agreed to continue the talks at another occasion.
- get-together, regional and personal experiences of the flood of river Elbe, that just passed by
- historical and recent Trac community events, especially the t-h.o upgrade
- preferred developer tools and working styles
- fun, good food and freshening drinks
- organizational matters and planning
Welcome to Trac Hacks
How to Contribute
I've tried to make this as simple as possible:
- Register a user name then login (requires cookies).
- Fill out the NewHack form.
- Verify all the details for your new page are correct.
- Commit your code to the provided Subversion URL
(alternatively you can simply attach your hack to your Wiki page, ala MacroBazaar, but remember that you can't delete or replace attachments)
- Have a look at TracHackDevelopment.
- Consider subscribing to the trac-hacks mailing list.
The TracHacks page contains more information, contact details, bug reports, enhancements, suggestions, etc.
I host my own hack elsewhere
Feel free to create a stub page here with a short description and links to your own hack. Please stick to the page naming convention, by appending the hack type (eg. GanttPlugin)
eg. The DoStuff macro would become the page DoStuffMacro.
How to Adopt Unmaintained Hacks
How do I install these things?
Refer to the Trac plugin documentation and the MacroBazaar for details on how to build and install plugins and macros, respectively. For other types please refer to the page of the hack you are installing for instructions.
Have a look at the RequestaHack page for features that people request.
Macros are simple enhancements to Trac's Wiki engine. Examples include SubWiki, TOC, FootNote, etc.
Modifications to the Trac source in the form of patches. This can include simple changes to Clear Silver templates, patches to the Python code,etc.
As part of the move to a component architecture, Trac 0.9 is now extensible via plugins. Plugins can be used to add functionality to Trac that was not previously possible without extensive modification to the source. This could include anything from extended milestone facilities, multi-project functionality, integration of automated build systems, other link types, to simple macros.
Refer to the Trac documentation for installation instructions and more information.
Scripts that enhance the functionality of Trac. This could include things like wrappers around creation of Subversion and Trac projects, post-commit hooks, etc.
Themes are modifications to the visual layout and style of Trac. They can be anything from just CSS changes, to full templates with additional images and styles.
Translations of Trac into other languages.
Trac 0.11 introduces the customizable TracWorkflow. Here are some you might find useful:
- AdvancedTicketWorkflowPlugin Advanced Ticket Workflow Plugin
- GroupingAssignToPlugin Fill Assign-To by looking at permission groups
- MultipleWorkflowPlugin Workflow based on ticket type
- TestManagerForTracPlugin Test Manager plugin for Trac - Full test management life-cycle: definition, planning, execution, statistics
- TestingWorkflow Testing Workflow
- TicketConditionalCreationStatusPlugin Conditionally set ticket creation status
- TracGenericWorkflowPlugin Trac Generic Workflow
- TracWorkflowAdminPlugin Web interface for workflow administration of Trac
- TypedTicketWorkflowPlugin Typed Ticket Workflow
- WikiWorkflowPatch Wiki workflow extension point patch
- WorkflowActionButtonsPlugin Add streamlined workflow-action buttons to the top of a ticket
- WorkflowEditorPlugin Edit Ticket Workflow
- WorkflowNotificationPlugin WorkflowNotificationPlugin
- tags/persistent Persistent Tags
Feedback and Suggestions
Please consider subscribing to the th-users mailing list.
The list is meant for discussion about trac-hacks.org, i.e. the services that are provided here for the Trac community. Use it to suggest new features, discuss ways to improve the website, report issues that you come across, stuff like this. Any feedback is highly appreciated.
Please note however that th-users is not meant for support requests for any of the plugins provided on trac-hacks.org by their authors. These should still be directed to the trac-users mailing list instead.
We have defined some shortcuts for commonly used links, such as download:hackname, google:search, trac:wikipage, trac-changeset:changeset and trac-ticket:ticket. See InterMapTxt for a complete list.
Adhering to the principle that one should
eat one's own dog food,
the following hacks are used on TracHacks:
AccountManagerPlugin, AcronymsPlugin, AutoWikifyPlugin, ChangeLogMacro, EmailProcessorMacro, FootNoteMacro, FullBlogPlugin, IncludeMacro, IniAdminPlugin, NewHackMacro, NewsFlashMacro, PollMacro, SpamFilterPlugin, SvnAuthzAdminPlugin, TagsPlugin, TocMacro, TracHacksPlugin, TracRedirect, VotePlugin, and XmlRpcPlugin.