Working name for plugin: QueryMacrosPlugin (other proposed names: TracQueryMacros, QueryMacros)
There are several macros that perform simple queries. I have put together a list of these below. The TicketQuery macro is part of the Trac distribution and provides many options for searching the ticket database. I propose to aggregate a number of macros into a single plugin, which provide the ability to query other Trac components and use the TicketQuery macro as a template for coding style, macro argument syntax, and output.
Please contact me if you have ideas to discuss or wish to contribute.
Related Macros and Plugins
The following may provide related functionality, but still need to be tested:
Note: I've only looked at macros and haven't yet looked at plugins that might have desireable functionality.
- Share common codebase among macros where possible
- Consistently perform permission checks (this is where existing query macros often have security holes)
- Support Trac 0.11, 0.12 and beyond
- Support Python 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6
- Provide unit tests with near complete test coverage
Proposed Plugin Functionality
Provide capability to execute queries on:
- Attachment metadata
- Tickets (providing extensions to functionality in the TicketQuery? macro)