|Version 5 (modified by matthijs, 8 years ago) (diff)|
Recently visited pages as navigational bread crumbs
This relatively simple plug-in will inject a list of recently visited pages just above the main navigational bar, as 'bread crumbs' that you can follow home.
There's also BreadcrumbTrailsScript, but it's idea of breadcrumbs is not what I'm used to, so I went and made this one to scratch my itch. :)
Version: If this runs on anything before 0.11b1, it's a miracle that is completely unsupported by me :) Don't ask me if something goes wrong there :)
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Installation and Configuration
You probably need to install Genshi from the trunk before this will work (>=0.5dev), at least until 0.11 comes out final.
- Download the zipped source from [download:breadcrumbsnavplugin here].
- You can check out BreadCrumbsNavPlugin from here using Subversion, or browse the source with Trac.
The easiest way to install the BreadCrumbsNavPlugin is to simply point easy_install at the t-h.o SVN repository, a la:
Alternatively, you may download the source and go into the 0.11 directory and then run:
python setup.py install
After you have installed the BreadCrumbsNavPlugin, you must enable it. You can do so in the Administration panel of Trac, or in trac.ini by adding:
[components] breadcrumbsnavplugin.* = enabled
There are three options you may set into the trac.ini:
- A regular expression pattern that can be applied to the name of the resource; if it matches the resource will not be added to the user's breadcrumbs. Defaults to nothing.
- The maximum total of crumbs that should be kept per-user. Defaults to 6.
- A comma-separated list of regular expressions, one of which should match the beginning of the url to include the resource in the path. Defaults to /wiki*,/ticket*,/milestone* Note that these really are interpreted as regular expressions, even though the default values look more like shell globs. It seems these default values also match /wik/foo or /tickebar, which might not be the authors intention.
The config entry would look something like the following:
[breadcrumbs] ignore_pattern = max_crubs = 6 paths = /wiki*,/ticket*,/milestone*
- 10902 by hasienda on 2011-11-11 19:39:33
BreadCrumbsNavPlugin: Hide currently viewed page/resource from list, refs #9529.
- 10901 by hasienda on 2011-11-11 19:35:16
BreadCrumbsNavPlugin: Fix crumbs list handling, refs #3965.
Code introduced in  was not handling an empty list gracefully.
Futhermore, when hiding of current resource results in an empty list, the
list label should be suppressed as well.
- 10896 by hasienda on 2011-11-09 20:57:40
BreadCrumbsNavPlugin: Tag long overdue maintenance release 0.2, closes #2463, #3965, #4037, #4411, #7036 and #7231.
Fix erroneously introduced version mismatch between changelog and setup.py.