|Version 8 (modified by 9 years ago) (diff),|
Clients support for Trac Tickets
Notice: This plugin is unmaintained and available for adoption.
Many people and organisations use Trac internally/privately to manage tasks they undertake for a range of different clients. The ClientsPlugin adds several capabilities to Trac to help manage different clients.
- Ability to add, edit and remove clients via the Trac Admin interface.
- Ability to define a default "Hourly Rate" for each client (useful when used in conjunction with WorkLogPlugin and TimingAndEstimationPlugin)
- Adds "Client Work Summary" report for use with TimingAndEstimationPlugin
- Flexible Event structure to keep clients selectively informed by:
- Defining custom events which tie together Summaries and Actions.
- Defining special blocks (via a WikiProcessor) in which you can embed content that you want to share with a client in ticket descriptions and comments which can be incorporated into Summaries.
The events system is very flexible and allows you to customise they way you interact with your clients. As it's often convenient to use a single Trac instance for internal management purposes, it is typically inappropriate to give direct access to Trac to your clients. However, using Trac to keep your clients informed is still very desirable.
In order to do this, the ClientsPlugin contains several Summaries which summarise the current status, or the changes in status over time, for each client into an XML object. This object is then passed on to an Action which can process this summary accordingly and actually do something useful with it.
The current Summaries available are:
- Milestone Summary: Creates a summary of all tickets grouped by milestone (for future milestones with a delivery date attached)
- Ticket Changes: Ticket changes/comments since the last time the event was triggered
The current Actions available are:
- Send Email: Send an email to the client
- Post to Zendesk: Post to a Zendesk forum
The system allows some key setup parameters to be defined in the event itself (e.g. an XSLT to reformat the XML object into an HTML email, or a username/password for interacting with Zendesk), and also certain parameters for each event on a per-client basis (e.g. a list of client specific email addresses to send the summary).
ClientsPlugin will automatically add some custom fields to your trac.ini when it is installed.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download and Source
This plugin was originally developed for 0.10 but has since been heavily developed for 0.11. The 0.10 version is considered obsolete and is no longer actively developed.
Install the plugin then go through the usual trac update process to automatically create the necessary DB tables and fields.
- 16453 by rjollos on 2017-04-04 07:14:33
- 16435 by rjollos on 2017-04-03 09:43:40
TracClients 0.5dev: Conform to PEP8
Require Trac >= 1.0.
- 15265 by rjollos on 2016-02-11 04:29:08
Remove unnecessary svn:mime-type on js and html files
svn:mime-type was set to "plain" for many files.
client_detail.jpg (51.1 KB) - added by 9 years ago.
events.jpg (52.4 KB) - added by 9 years ago.
event_detail.jpg (53.6 KB) - added by 9 years ago.
ticket_fields.jpg (18.3 KB) - added by 9 years ago.
clients.jpg (43.5 KB) - added by 9 years ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip