|Version 21 (modified by 8 years ago) (diff),|
A plugin for displaying code tags (
Blog posting here, Demo here, git repository. Since I cannot find any documentation directly I just wanted to tell you people that you need a subdirectory named cache thats writeable by your trac to make this work. Oh and dont wonder that it takes so much time the first time used ;). Also don't forget to grant the CODETAGS_VIEW permission.
To enable in the trac.ini:
[components] codetags.* = enabled
Additional configuration options in trac.ini:
[code-tags] scan_files = *.html, *.py, *.c, *.h, *.hh, *.m, *.pch, *.hpp scan_folders = trunk/*, branches/* tags = XXX, TODO, FIXME, BUG
scan_files allows you to define specific file types to scan (default: *)
scan_folders specifies which directories within the repository to scan (default: *)
exclude_folders specifies directories that are subdirectories of
scan_folders but don't need to be scanned
tags allows you to specify what tags to locate, though only the defaults are colored at all. (default: XXX, TODO, FIXME)
By default, this plugin doesn't ignore binary files. If you use svn/trac in a web-dev environment, this is a pain, since the tagger finds tags in files such as
User submitted patch seems to work: http://trac.pocoo.org/attachment/ticket/109/diff.txt
This patch is now most likely unnecessary though, because CodeTagsPlugin plugin now searches for word boundaries (regex '\b') at the edges of words.
Since the tracker has no CodeTags component I will put that here:
- Having a huge code base makes the table with the tags so huge that even modern browsers can hardly display it. Maybe:
- Split it up into multiple pages
- Choose display for only specified tags
- Chose display for only specified path in repository
For the same reason, I add:
- cannot install the plugin - it hangs in a loop of "environment needs upgrade", regardless how often you upgrade, you never get finished... (tried the last two versions from GIT)
- I fixed this today (2009-02-11), it was a problem that only seemed to occur if it didn't find any tags or files to search for tags
I just installed this plugin but it does not seem to find any tags in my repository. I tried with and without a custom code-tags section in trac.ini. The repository is quite large so it surprises me that the trac-admin upgrade only takes about half a second. Any ideas?