|Version 37 (modified by 7 years ago) (diff),|
A plugin for displaying code tags (
Demo here, git repository. Since I cannot find any documentation directly I just wanted to tell you people that you need a subdirectory named cache thats writeable by your trac to make this work. Oh and dont wonder that it takes so much time the first time used ;). Also don't forget to grant the CODETAGS_VIEW permission.
To enable in the trac.ini:
[components] codetags.* = enabled
Additional configuration options in trac.ini:
[code-tags] scan_files = *.html, *.py, *.c, *.h, *.hh, *.m, *.pch, *.hpp scan_folders = trunk/*, branches/* tags = XXX, TODO, FIXME, BUG
scan_files allows you to define specific file types to scan (default: *)
scan_folders specifies which directories within the repository to scan (default: *)
exclude_folders specifies directories that are subdirectories of
scan_folders but don't need to be scanned
exclude_files specifies files that shouldn't be scanned even though they're included by scan_files
tags allows you to specify what tags to locate, though only the defaults are colored at all. (default: XXX, TODO, FIXME)
By default, this plugin doesn't ignore binary files. If you use svn/trac in a web-dev environment, this is a pain, since the tagger finds tags in files such as
This, however, shouldn't be a serious problem because CodeTagsPlugin plugin searches for word boundaries (regex '\b') at the edges of words.
Last Release Version
- When moving/deleting files with TODO tags in them, they will not disappear from the list
- Under 0.12 stable we got a error "AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'youngest_rev'", the patch CodeTags-0.12-get_repository.patch fixes this problem. All Repository request should use RepositoryManager as described in http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracDev/ApiChanges/0.12
Since the tracker has no CodeTags component I will put that here:
- Having a huge code base makes the table with the tags so huge that even modern browsers can hardly display it. Maybe:
- Split it up into multiple pages
- Choose display for only specified tags
- Chose display for only specified path in repository
- Allowing regex's for the [code-tags] fields would increase flexibility (scan_files, scan_folders, tags).