|Version 6 (modified by brad, 11 years ago) (diff)|
DB Authentication Plugin
A plugin to replace the default Trac auth plugin. It allows for users/groups to be stored in a database (SQLite, PostgreSQL, MySQL), true login/logout, can serve multiple projects, and maintains cookies so you can keep the login for longer than just one session.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from [download:dbauthplugin here].
Usage / Install
- In the install/ directory, you will find SQLite and MySQL scripts to create the three tables needed. You will then have to populate those tables with insert statements. The envname fields in each of the tables is the name of your Trac environment. Note the 'all' envname will allow the user to be in all environments, but have only one row in the table (multiple projects).
sqlite> insert into trac_permissions values ('all', 'brad', 'admins'); sqlite> insert into trac_users values ('all','brad','brad','firstname.lastname@example.org');
- If you add users/groups to the table(s), you'll need to give them permissions in trac-admin or webadmin plugin.
% trac-admin /path/to/env permission add admins TRAC_ADMIN
- If you would like to restrict_owner on tickets to only be the users in your tables, you need to make use of the userdir.py file. You will need to see Ticket 2456 at p.e.c, and patch Trac accordingly. This wasn't heavily tested with the 0.10 version in .
- Make these changes in the global trac.ini file, or your environment's trac.ini file. The global one may make more sense, because this plugin is used across environments:
[components] trac.web.auth.* = disabled #trac.userdir.* = enabled # only if you want to use this #webadmin.* = enabled dbauth.* = enabled [dbauth] #database = sqlite:/home/brad/dev/python/trac-dbauth/0.10/install/dbauth.db database = mysql://brad:brad@localhost/dbauth envroot = /var/trac/ users_table = trac_users users_envname_field = envname users_username_field = username users_password_field = password users_email_field = email perms_table = trac_permissions perms_envname_field = envname perms_username_field = username perms_groupname_field = groupname cookies_table = trac_cookies cookies_envname_field = envname cookies_cookie_field = cookie cookies_username_field = username cookies_ipnr_field = ipnr cookies_unixtime_field = unixtime
- As of , a CentralDatabaseManager now supports all database backends that Trac works with. SQLite, MySQL, Postgresql
- 2155 by wkornew on 2007-04-03 11:59:27
Fixed for Genshi trunk.
- 2154 by wkornew on 2007-04-02 12:15:48
Updated to Trac 0.11. Changing the password is not possible (I'll have to add an extension to the new prefs interface in Trac 0.11).
- 2150 by wkornew on 2007-04-01 21:52:17
Created simple-0.10 branch in preparation for 0.11 updates.
Contributors: Karol Krizka, borrowed heavily from Jonas's original work