Adding recordings to a Trac database
This plugin maintains a database of recordings. Upon clicking "Activate!" it creates a recording script that is subsequently stored in the Trac database. The actual recording is performed by a tuning the LinuxDVB device started by a Crontab call.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Currently the most current source snapshot can be downloaded or you use the buildserver files at home:guidod:tools:scm/trac-dvbcronrecording-plugin
You can get a complete set of RPMs at the buildserver site including the trac modules. The tarball itself can be compiled into an rpm based on "rpm -ta $filename". If you do prefer to use distutils / setup.py then you can unpack the source tarball and run "setup.py install". For proper usage you do also need "gnutv" and "szap" from the dvb tools, please consult LinuxTV.org LinuxTV_dvb-apps
See https://bitbucket.org/guidod/trac-dvbcronrecording-plugin/wiki/Home for further documentation.
Remember that you need to press "Activate" to generate the crontab entries. The default assumes that it should not write the /etc/cron.d/* files directly (you need to copy the dvbcronrecording-update-change.cron to /etc/cron.d/dvbcronrecording-update-change.cron once to allow it work) but you can also use a config item in the admin panel to select that it should be written directly.
Note that the system grew out of some local command-line scripts that would convert a list of recording times, channel info and program title into a matching recording script along with a Crontab entry. Transforming it into a Trac-Plugin allows for easier installation on a remote recorder box as well as sharing the recorder by multiple persons with just a web access to the recorder box.
- The plugin uses SqlAlchemy for the declaration of database-tables - see Trac SqlAlchemy
- The plugin uses the TracSqlAlchemyBridgeIntegration (as local "tsab") for trac-specific DB-upgrades and DB-access.
- The DB-version upgrades/downgrades are performed by using the sqlalchemy-migrate schemadiff.py for schema change detection and a homegrown schemachange.py script to do the actual sql upgrade/downgrade operations via the tsab.
- The plugin i18n is based on gnugettext but with a direct loading of the *.po files.
- 0.4.16 has functional autoplanning for two satellite feeds (usually Astra and Hotbird in Germany) and the update for latest SqlAlchemy required a new tsab2 implementation. The i18n was switched to a single global *.po file.