|Version 1 (modified by 9 years ago) (diff),|
What is it?
FlexibleAssignTo finally gives long-suffering Trac admins a way to easily customize the 'assign to' field on tickets. It provides several base classes for you to override and implement your own methods for providing lists of valid users -- you can even customize valid users for each state in your workflow.
- adds new Extension point, IValidOwnerProvider, for plugging in your own components
- provides SimpleUser base class and helper methods (getlist, getbool) to streamline implementation of your IValidOwnerProvider component(s)
- data-source agnostic -- FlexibleAssignTo abstracts the nastiness of building a customized 'assign to' select box. All your custom code has to do is decide what users are valid for a particular state and then return them.
- optional 'ensure_user_data' capability so that users who appear as valid 'assign to' targets get their key data (username, fullname, email) stored in the Trac session_attribute table. The motivation for this was so notification emails could be sent to these users even if they've never logged in and set their preferences.
- optional get_known_users() replacement that changes Trac's 'known users' concept such that users' name & email data is retrieved from the session_attribute table (designed to work in concert with the 'ensure_user_data' capability).
- FlexibleAssignTo processing can be selectively disabled for individual workflow states
- Example plugin implementation included (SampleValidOwnerProvider.py)
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from [download:flexibleassigntoplugin here].
See the 'How to install section' above for details. For an example of how to implement IValidOwnerProvider, see the included sample plugin SampleValidOwnerProvider.py.
- 10083 by gt4329b on 2011-04-14 18:33:48
- added 0.13 rev; no major functional differences from 0.11 other than modernization of the DB API interactions, using the recommended forms for 0.13 from http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracDev/DatabaseApi
- 10067 by gt4329b on 2011-04-11 14:12:41
- updated version to 0.7.13
- 10066 by gt4329b on 2011-04-11 14:01:42
- updated flexibleassignto.py core to work properly with 0.11release+ versions of Trac (thanks chris!)
- updated AUTHORS to note contribution from chris on #3494
- updated README version compatibility notes
FlexibleAssignTo-0.6-py2.5.zip (12.9 KB) - added by 9 years ago.
Zip containing FlexibleAssignTo-0.6-py2.5.egg and SampleValidOwnerProvider.py
FlexibleAssignTo-0.7.13-py2.7.zip (18.1 KB) - added by 6 years ago.
Contains FlexibleAssignTo-0.7.13-py2.7.egg and the SampleProvider plugin
- FlexibleAssignTo-0.8.13-py2.7.zip (18.3 KB) - added by 6 years ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip