|Version 8 (modified by 8 years ago) (diff),|
Flexible Wiki Plugin
Plugin allows to make flexible structure of wiki pages. For any of wiki pages parent page can be set up. So we get flexible structure instead of 'plain' wiki structure.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from [download:flexiblewikiplugin here].
For example, if you want to structure pages on your wiki and use 'native' Trac approach, you should name you pages in a specific manner:
So, page name is 'coupled' with structure - if you want to change structure, you should change page name or even name of many pages.
This plugin allows to structure pages idependent on their names. So, structure could be:
In this example pages AddingResources and AddingPlugins has parent DevGuide. So, if you want restructure pages, you should change 'parent' for page or some pages, and their address remain unchanged.
When this plugin installed horozontal navigation bar on top of each wiki page is displayed. So, when you watch page AddingPlugins, navigation bar will be:
WikiStart / DevGuide / AddingPlugins . WikiStart is always at start of navitation bar.
For displaying navigation in 'tree' manner, special macro is provided, see details below.
After installing plugin you will need to upgrade your environment.
- you will get an extra item New page in mainnav, which opens page creation dialog
- in edit page dialog you will see new fields: title, parent, weight, hide
Extra page properties description:
- title: string, just page title, automatically displayed on top of page and in navigation
- parent: name of parent wiki page or empty if none
- weight: number, defines page ordering in menu
- hide: flag, if set, page won't appear in menu generated by [[TracFlexWikiTree]]
Plugin provides extra wiki macros.
Shows wiki pages tree menu. Menu is generated as simple unordered list. Macro receives one optional parameter class, wich defines CSS class of menu.
For now, plugin does not generate initial structure data. So, for existring pages structure data is not provided. That means, they are not displayed in
TracFlexWikiTree until you edit and save them.
Note extra navigation item New page and extra fields Parent page, Hide from menu, Page weight.
Navigation line above page title is inserted by this plugin automatically.
Menu in left sidebar is provided by macro
[[TracFlexWikiTree]]. It's added globally in site templates, this plugin doesn't do this automatically.
Some features are not implemented yet, like site map etc.
Plugin is a bit tricky. It adds extra key
request.args, that is instance of class
TracFlexWikiNode, which provides something like API for this plugin.
Feedback is welcome!
- 7816 by rudyryk on 2010-04-06 00:16:20
flexiblewikiplugin: example for site.html - site_example.html
- 7815 by rudyryk on 2010-04-05 23:04:56
flexiblewikiplugin: bigfix #6905 - getting current node for request
- 5589 by rudyryk on 2009-04-24 19:31:12
- TracFlexWikiPlugin source commited
- 5588 by rudyryk on 2009-04-24 19:27:54
New hack FlexibleWikiPlugin, created by rudyryk