|Version 16 (modified by osimons, 8 years ago) (diff)|
Self-contained Blog plugin
This is a production-ready release, available for an up-to-date Trac 0.11 installation. The implemented features should work as expected.
Basic features are:
- Create, edit and view blog posts under a new 'Blog' menu.
- Browse post by month, category and author + and Archive page for all posts.
- Attachments on blog posts.
- Comments for blog posts.
- Posts and comments in Timeline / RSS.
- Search for blog posts and comments.
- Admin page for basic settings and informational text in sidebar.
- Permissions for BLOG_VIEW, BLOG_COMMENT, BLOG_MODIFY_OWN, BLOG_MODIFY_ALL, BLOG_ADMIN.
- Support for Trac fine-grained permissions security checks (based on resource / realm).
- Special handling of a post named 'about'.
- Area in sidebar for information text, blogroll, links and similar.
- Link provider, like [blog:this_is_my_post] and [blog:category/trac] and [blog:2007/10].
- Delete post version, delete post and delete comment.
- A tags provider for TagsPlugin if plugin is available.
- A [[BlogList]] news-listing macro with various display modes for pulling blog posts into the wiki.
- Change listener and manipulator APIs for hooking on to changes.
Some planned features are not yet done:
- Diff between version of the post.
- XmlRpcPlugin support.
Feedback is most welcome - see osimons to get in touch with me by mail or on the #trac channel.
The plugin in action (old-ish screenshot):
To see the blog in action, visit its 'home' at http://www.coderesort.com/about/blog
To use it:
- Install TagsPlugin 0.6
- Install FullBlogPlugin
- Upgrade the Trac environment:
trac-admin /path/to/env upgrade
- Run the migration script:
- Confirm the migration succeeded, then remove the old posts (if desired)
migrate-tracblog.py /path/to/environment --delete-only
Take a look at migrate-tracblog.py --help for more options
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from [download:fullblogplugin here].
- Install the plugin in your preferred manner.
- Enable the plugin:
[components] tracfullblog.* = enabled
- Run trac-admin /path/to/env upgrade.
- Restart server and as TRAC-ADMIN you should now see 'Blog' in menu.
- Add one or more permissions to let users view, create, comment and modify posts (see list above).
The link to 'Blog' in menu will appear last. To move it, edit your trac.ini config file to add blog into the ordered list:
[trac] mainnav = wiki,blog,timeline,....
- 15103 by osimons on 2015-12-09 00:04:23
FullBlogPlugin: Quick cursor.exectute(sql) fix. Thanks! Closes #12604.
- 14886 by osimons on 2015-08-15 01:23:39
FullBlogPlugin: Trac 1.2 compat handling for database and templates. Closes #12018.
- 14774 by osimons on 2015-06-28 20:51:43
FullBlogPlugin: Bump version.