|Version 5 (modified by osimons, 9 years ago) (diff)|
Self-contained Blog plugin
This plugin provides a project Blog, but unlike TracBlogPlugin and SimpleBlogPlugin it does not use Wiki pages to store the content. It has no dependencies on other plugins.
This is a preview relase, only available for an up-to-date 0.11dev. The implemented features should work as expected, but some features are not yet completed.
Basic features are:
- Create, edit and view blog posts under a new 'Blog' menu.
- Browse post by month, category and author + and Archive page for all posts.
- Comments for blog posts.
- Search for blog posts and comments.
- Admin page for basic settings.
- Permissions for BLOG_VIEW, BLOG_COMMENT, BLOG_MODIFY_OWN, BLOG_MODIFY_ALL, BLOG_ADMIN.
- Special handling of a post named 'about'.
- Area in sidebar for information text, blogroll, links and similar.
- Link provider, like [blog:this_is_my_post] and [blog:category/trac] and [blog:2007/10].
Some features will not be completed before ongoing Trac context refactoring and timeline API changes are nearing completion:
- Attachments on blog posts.
- Posts and comments in timeline.
- Diff between version of the post.
- Delete post version, delete post and delete comment.
- Fine-grained permissions - currently only 0.10 style permissions are implemented as there is no context/resource system implemented.
- XmlRpcPlugin support.
- Use in production at your own risk as it is still a 'preview'.
- Don't file tickets for tasks that are missing as in 'not implemented' (see list above).
- Feedback is most welcome - see osimons to get in touch with me by mail or on the #trac channel.
The plugin in action:
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from [download:fullblogplugin here].
- Install the plugin in your preferred manner.
- Enable the plugin:
[components] tracfullblog.* = enabled
- Run trac-admin /path/to/env upgrade.
- Restart server and as TRAC-ADMIN you should now see 'Blog' in menu.
- Add one or more permissions to let users view, create, comment and modify posts (see list above).
The link to 'Blog' in menu will appear last. To move it, edit your trac.ini config file to add blog into the ordered list:
[trac] mainnav = wiki,blog,timeline,....
- 15944 by osimons on 2016-11-07 20:38:48
FullBlogPlugin: Fix for draft usename vs author case issue. Closes #12924.
- 15103 by osimons on 2015-12-09 00:04:23
FullBlogPlugin: Quick cursor.exectute(sql) fix. Thanks! Closes #12604.
- 14886 by osimons on 2015-08-15 01:23:39
FullBlogPlugin: Trac 1.2 compat handling for database and templates. Closes #12018.