|Version 1 (modified by dbuss, 9 years ago) (diff)|
Information Card Account Management Plugin
This extension allows Information Cards to be associated with existing accounts and then used as an authentication mechanism to a Trac system.
This plugin works with Trac 0.11.
If you use the LDAP user store module then the Python LDAP module is required.
- Source code is available from https://forgesvn1.novell.com/svn/bandit/trunk/rp/trac/infocard_acct/0.11
- Build the egg file following the plugin packaging instructions
- Copy the dist/LdapPlugin-0.x.x-py2.n.egg file in your plugins project directory. The name as found on your system will have the current version number for the plugin and python in the name, replacing the x.x and py2.x components.
- #Configuration Configure the plugin
- Use #trac-admin-acct trac-admin-acct to
You need to customize the trac.ini file of your project, then
- Optionally add the path to your plugin directory.
- Enable 'account-manager' and infocard_acct in [components] section, so that the Trac engine loads and uses this extension.
- Configure account-manager.
- Create a new section [infocard_acct] in the .ini file
To properly enable plugin you must disable trac and account manager's LoginModules, and enable account manager and infocard account componenets. In the [components] section of trac.ini:
[components] trac.web.auth.LoginModule = disabled acct_mgr.*=enabled acct_mgr.web_ui.LoginModule=disabled infocard_acct.* = enabled
For complete details on configuring the AccountManagerPlugin please visit AccountManagerPlugin. The InfoCardAccountPlugin adds two new password stores, TracDBUserStore and LDAPUserStore which are enabled as follows:
[account-manager] password_store = LDAPUserStore
If you use the LDAPUserStore then the following options are supported in the '[ldap_user_store'] section:
[ldap_user_store] url = ldap://wag.bandit-project.org/ou=people,dc=wag,dc=bandit-project,dc=org?uid?sub?(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)
The InfoCardAccountPlugin configuration section '[infocard_acct] supports the following:
[infocard_acct] private_key_path = /etc/ssl/private/server.key.unsecure association_store = TracDBAssociationStore private_key_pass_phrase = ifItoldYouItWouldBeBad debug = False
Testing has been primarily on opensuse versions of Linux.
- v0.1: First crack at extending the AccountManagerPlugin to support LDAP and the Trac database as user stores, and accept Information Cards as an authentication mechanism from any user store.
Contributors: see the setup.py file, this extension utilizes code from several sources.