|Version 7 (modified by 5 years ago) (diff),|
Toggle sending Announcer emails
Notice: This plugin is unmaintained and available for adoption.
This plugin provides a link (in the contextual nav) to toggle on and off sending emails for your ticket changes. The purpose is to reduce superfluous emails for changes the author deems unworthy.
/report pages since ticket changes are possible on all of these (e.g., via BatchModify or GridModify).
- Install the plugin (after downloading and unzipping):
cd quietplugin/0.12 sudo python setup.py install
See TracPlugins for more installation details and options. You'll likely need to restart Trac's web server after installation.
- Enable the plugin and disable
[components] announcer.* = enabled announcer.distributors.mail.EmailDistributor = disabled quiet.* = enabled
You can alternatively use the Trac Web Admin GUI. The above is because the quietplugin provides its own email distributor which effectively wraps the announcer's EmailDistributor with an extra check to see if the user entered quiet mode or not.
- (Optional) Customize the quiet mode labels:
[quiet] enter_label = Enter Quiet Mode leave_label = Leave Quiet Mode
- Add the
QUIET_MODEpermission to users or groups as appropriate on the Admin > Permissions page.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from [download:quietplugin here].
- During planning, I can now avoid barraging people with emails when I move large batches of tickets from one milestone to another using BatchModify.
- I want to make a minor fix to a ticket's description that doesn't call for yet another email to be sent - enter quiet mode!
- I'm triaging many tickets in a Queue report with new positions using GridModify and I don't want an email sent for each change.
- 16352 by rjollos on 2017-03-18 16:37:31
QUIET_MODEwhen distributing email
authenticatedflag when checking quiet mode because
event.authoris never a session id, so quiet mode will only
work for authenticated users.
Patch by Jun Omae.
- 16336 by rjollos on 2017-03-16 17:08:47
1.2.0: Revise description
- 16335 by rjollos on 2017-03-16 17:06:14
1.2.0: Prepare for release