|Version 9 (modified by robguttman, 5 years ago) (diff)|
Toggle sending Announcer emails
This plugin provides a link (in the contextual nav) to toggle on and off sending emails for your ticket changes. The purpose is to reduce superfluous emails for changes the author deems low-value.
- Install the plugin (after downloading and unzipping):
cd quietplugin/0.12 sudo python setup.py install
See TracPlugins for more installation details and options. You'll likely need to restart Trac's web server after installation.
- Enable the plugin and disable announcer.distributors.mail.EmailDistributor in trac.ini:
[components] announcer.* = enabled announcer.distributors.mail.EmailDistributor = disabled quiet.* = enabled
You can alternatively use the Trac Web Admin GUI. The above is because the quietplugin provides its own email distributor which effectively wraps the announcer's EmailDistributor with an extra check to see if the user entered quiet mode or not.
- (Optional) Customize the quiet mode labels in trac.ini:
[quiet] enter_label = Enter Quiet Mode leave_label = Leave Quiet Mode
- Add the QUIET_MODE permission to users or groups as appropriate on the Admin > Permissions page.
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from [download:quietplugin here].
- During planning, I can now avoid barraging people with emails when I move large batches of tickets from one milestone to another using BatchModify.
- I want to make a minor fix to a ticket's description that doesn't call for yet another email to be sent - enter quiet mode!
- I'm triaging many tickets in a Queue report with new positions using GridModify and I don't want an email sent for each change.
- 15123 by rjollos on 2015-12-14 20:51:29
1.0.2: Remove tag_svn_revision from setup.cfg
This attribute isn't supported in setuptools >= 10.
Bump version to 1.0.2.
- 14035 by rjollos on 2014-07-25 13:41:31
1.0.1: Fix URL in setup.py
- 14029 by rjollos on 2014-07-25 13:32:17
1.0.1: Change license to 3-Clause BSD with permission of author