|Version 2 (modified by seccanj, 6 years ago) (diff)|
Resource Reservation plugin for Trac
A Trac plugin and macro to allow for visually planning and reserving the use of resources in your environment, e.g. test machines, consumable test data, etc..., with just one click.
Installation of the plugin adds a new tab named "Resource Reservation" that leads to a pre-filled Wiki page with the macro already in place.
By default, the macro displays an empty calendar spanning three months in the future, including the current month. You can then:
- Add a new resource, by entering the resource name in the edit box and click "Add a Resource"
- See who owns a resource in any particular date:
- A white cell indicates the resource is free at a certain date
- A blue cell indicates the resource is reserved by the current user at a certain date
- A red cell indicates some other user has reserved the resource at a certain date. The name of the user can be seen by hovering with the mouse on the cell.
- Reserve the resource for any days in the calendar, by simply clicking on the corresponding table cell => the information is saved in the database on the fly, no need to save the page. The cell will become blue
- Cancel a resource reservation, when it is reserved by you (blue cell), by simply clicking on it again => The cell becomes white again
- Take on a resource reserved by something else (red cell), by simply clicking on the corresponding cell => The cell becomes blue and the resource is immediately assigned to the current user
You can edit the default page, changing the macro default parameters:
- type: you can define any number of resource types by simply providing a different value for this parameter to any instance of the macro. This way, you can plan the use of different types of resources at the same time, with no conflict between them
- period: the number of months, including the current one, to display in the calendar
- title: the title, i.e. descriptive name of the resource type, to be used in the calendar as the header of the resource names column
Or you can add the following snippet in any of your Wiki pages, for example to keep track of multiple resource types in different places:
If you have any issues, create a new ticket.
Download the zipped source from [download:resourcereservationplugin here].
The plugin can be installed as usual, from the Trac administration panel, and requires a database upgrade.
At the moment it has been tested only on Trac 0.11 with Python 2.5.