|Version 17 (modified by Blackhex, 9 years ago) (diff)|
Provides screenshots upload and viewing subsystem for Trac. Uploaded screenshots can be described with short name, longer description and custom tags (if TracTags plugin is installed) and assigned to any number of components and versions registered in Trac. Screenshot uploads can be listed in timeline and screenshots can be referenced or embender in wiki pages. Plugin internally defines few interfaces for further extension.
Download the zipped source from [download:screenshotsplugin here].
Install plugin's egg and set variables in trac.ini configuration file according to your needs. Following list shows all of them with their default values:
[screenshots] mainnav_title = Screenshots metanav_title = path = /var/lib/trac/screenshots ext = jpg,png formats = raw,html,jpg,png default_format = html default_components = none default_versions = none
Value of mainnav_title variable sets caption of item in Trac's main navigation menu and metanav_title sets caption of meta navigation menu item. Appropriate item will be hidden if its title is empty. path is location of directory where plugin should store uploaded and generated images and ext is list of allowed file extension which can be uploaded. Using formats option you can set in wich formats can be images downloaded and default_format is format which will be returned if no format is specified in request. It must be one of formats supported by your PIL library installation. There are two meta formats: raw denotes original format of uploaded image and html is image embended in HTML page. default_components and default_versions options sets default values for component and version filter. Set these variables according your Trac setup, otherwise, you would't see any screenshots with default filter.
If you run Trac in environment which needs to enable plugins explicitly put in trac.ini these lines:
[components] TracScreenshots.init.ScreenshotsInit = enabled TracScreenshots.core.ScreenshotsCore = enabled TracScreenshots.api.ScreenshotsApi = enabled TracScreenshots.wiki.ScreenshotsWiki = enabled TracScreenshots.timeline.ScreenshotsTimeline = enabled # For 0.11 branch. TracScreenshots.tags.ScreenshotsTags = enabled
If you don't have TagsPlugin installed replace last line with
tracscreenshots.tags.screenshotstags = disabled
Create directory you have specified with path config option and make sure it is accessible by Trac server. The next step is to upgrade your environment:
# trac-admin <path_to_environment> upgrade
Screenshots plugin defines three permissions. With SCREENSHOTS_VIEW permission you can browse screenshots and see screenshot uploads in timeline. SCREENSHOTS_ADMIN adds you rights to uplad screenshots and SCREENSHOTS_FILTER allows you to modify component and version filter. You can add these permissions by typing following commands from commandline or you can use WebAdminPlugin to do it for you:
# trac-admin <path_to_environment> permission add <user> SCREENSHOTS_VIEW # trac-admin <path_to_environment> permission add <user> SCREENSHOTS_ADMIN # trac-admin <path_to_environment> permission add <user> SCREENSHOTS_FILTER
There is a macro [screenshot:<screenshot_id>] for screenshots referencing.
For screenshot embending in wiki page use [[Screenshot(<screenshot_id>, [<attribute>=<value>, ...])]]. First mandatory argument is ID of the screenshot. Number or image attributes can be specified next. This is a list of them:
- align - Specifies image alignment in wiki page. Possible values are: left, right and center.
- alt - Alternative description of image.
- border - Sets image border of specified width in pixels.
- class - Class of image for CSS styling.
- description - Brief description under the image. Accepts several variables (see bellow).
- format - Format of returned image or screenshot behind link.
- height - Height of image. Set to 0 if you want original image height.
- id - ID of image for CSS styling.
- longdesc - Detailed description of image.
- title - Title of image.
- usemap - Image map for clickable images.
- width - Width of image. Set to 0 if you want original image width.
Attribute description displays several variables:
- $id - ID of image.
- $name - Name of image.
- $author - User name who uploaded image.
- $time - Time when image was uploaded.
- $file - File name of image.
- $description - Detailed description of image.
- $width - Original width of image.
- $height - Original height of image.
[[Screenshot(2,width=400,height=300,description=The $name by $author: $description,align=left)]]
Previous revisions used space separated list of values in trac.ini configuration options. Now it uses comma separated list so change this to prevent inconveniences.
- 13303 by hasienda on 2013-06-23 15:10:27
ScreenshotsPlugin: Use own actions instead of 'WIKI_*' for tagging action permission checks, closes #10940.
Fixing the issue for the two most current branches simultaneously.
- 12139 by rjollos on 2012-10-10 03:54:13
Fixed incorrect source code encoding (http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0263/).
- 8987 by Blackhex on 2010-09-20 14:56:24
- Fixing #7701 and other PosgreSQL related problems.
- Trac 0.11.5 dependency for 0.11 branch added.
- 8717 by Blackhex on 2010-09-09 09:44:05
- Translated to Czech language.
- 8708 by hasienda on 2010-09-08 23:37:04
ScreenshotsPlugin: Add clean Czech message catalog, this time for real.
File was already announced but left out from changeset .